VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hy there...

i am about to buy a dvd recorder but theres too many out there to choose from.But for my requirements it would be great of a dvd-recorder with built in hard drive & yet same time with an Ethernet connection or a usb2 input/OUTPUT connection.

hence so i can easily transfer my mpeg or video files from the dvd to my computer & from there burn on to a dvd disk.

are there any available?...is there anything out there u can recomend for me?

thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you find one, let me know.

Psst .... they don't want you to do that. Most users resort to D-A-D (digital - analog - digital ...like CD) transfer via S-Video+audio or demux the DVDR.
    Quote Quote  
  3. LG LRM-519. It has USB2 for external hard drives and Ethernet for PC connection.

http://us.lge.com/products/model/detail/tv|audio|video_digital%20video__LRM-519.jhtml

The manual is in the upper right of the link above. "Send to PC" section starts on page 63.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Why would you want it so you can do that? Most of just just create a dvd on the recorder & put it in your pc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The original poster probably wants to do some editing before burning a dvd at all. Though of course you could use a rewritable disc and then rip it to the pc and not waste a disc that way. But you still have to take the time to burn the disc on the recorder and then rip it to the pc. A straight file transfer off the recorder would save those steps.

Of course an easier option is to record via capture card on your pc in the first place. But you lose the functionality if you don't use your pc as your regular tv.

anyway - just some reasons why the poster might want to do a digital dump.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm looking for DV/firewire link between recorder and computer as well, but not for same reasons.

I'd like to be able to port my computer edited DV to the recorder to make use of the recorder's real time encoder.
    Based on my estimates it would take my computer over 160 hours to encode my 50 hours of DV to VOB, plus another 12 hours to burn. Where as the recoders could do the same job in 50 hours.

@ OP
    Take a look at toshiba rd-xs55. It offers an ethernet interface but I don't believe it allows for file transfers.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by trhouse
    LG LRM-519. It has USB2 for external hard drives and Ethernet for PC connection.

http://us.lge.com/products/model/detail/tv|audio|video_digital%20video__LRM-519.jhtml

The manual is in the upper right of the link above. "Send to PC" section starts on page 63.
    The LG lokks like a very interesting unit. It was released late last year so I am suprised it has not been discussed more. There are refurbished units at Samsungmall for $229.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000EZT6F6/ref=dp_olp_2/002-4901023-8205660

I just bought one. Shipping was only $12.49

I've used this seller before with no problems.

Just an FYI for those that might want to play with one.

I'll let you know what I think of it.
    Quote Quote