VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I don't care for the service plans that Tivo offers, but I was wondering if there are any good Digital Recorders that don't have a service plans that will give me good amount of space. I'd also like to take the video on it and possibly transfer it to my computer so I can burn it to a DVD disk for later viewing?

Can you guys give me a few products for suggestions? I want it ot be around <=$350
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Look into ReplayTV, very similar to TiVo. ReplayTV comes ready to hook up to a computer network through ethernet and there is freeware availabe to download recorded shows to your pc and freeware to process the video to DVD compatable mpg2.

I love my ReplayTV, I record shows and download them to my PC just about everyday
    Quote Quote  
  3. I was going to suggest ReplayTV, but their website shows you have to pay a $12.95 monthly fee. Is that a requirement, or can you leave it 'unactivated' and just use it as a dumb HDD Recorder?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ReplayTV does require a service plan, but you can find a 40 hour model with lifetime service for about $350.00 on sale.

The older 5040 model is great, it is the one I have and it has the comercial advance feature. You can find this model on sale often.
    Quote Quote