VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

My baby will be born in October and I have some months ahead to plan buying a good camcorder;

Looking around, I've figured out I could stuck to the "strong" miniDV format on the TRV33, or get the risk and spending extra money on the new technology of direct DVD recording;

WHAT DO YOU THINK ?

If going to the DVD camera, I plan recording in VR mode - my Pioneer stand-alone 363 player supports it - for imediate viewing;
    Or importing the file through Ulead Video Studio 7 for post editing, that recognizes the VR format and there be no need to use the USB connection;

Anyway, I am confused, the DVD technology seems to be pretty new and I am unsure on how stable the mechanism is, for example, can I film while on a train ? Or on a bus ? "Shaking" the camera a bit while filmimg wouldn't crash it easily ?

I am really confused....

Comments welcome !

Thanks, so much,

Zetti
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I purchased a trv33 last year and its great. I used it to film my daughter being born. Its a great camera. It has lots of features, worth every penny I think.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I purchased a TRV33 last December and it works great! I love the size and the picture quality is great. I also use the TRV33 analog passthrough to encode my old VHS and hi-8 tapes so I can convert them to DVD's.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was wondering edgarT has has that worked out. I havent had a chance to do that.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Study that DVD camcorder. A freind at work has one, the disks are very expensive and record about 30 minutes at high quality setting. Also, the battery only lasts 30 minutes as well. I'll wait till the prices drop.
    Good luck...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Camcorder reviews

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/

The Panasonic Mini DV ... Panasonic PV-DV53

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/panasonic-pv-dv53-camcorder-review.htm

received very nice reviews ... decent price.

Find them in Sears ... on sale
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dont get the dvdcam. It records directly to mpg and if you want to edit your video you will have lots of problems and quality will not be as good.
    Quote Quote