VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys,
    Heres my problem. I have recoreded a concert with a local band with my JVC handy-cam, and i also got the sound from the soundboard. Now i want to make a DVD where you can chose the sound from the cam or from the soundboard - but i just cant get a program that makes this easy, just cant get the soundboard recording to sync with the video. Anyone know what program to use, or what to do? Atm im trying with TMPGEnc DVD AUTHOR 3.
    Hope you guys get what im trying to say?!
    If not feel free to ask P
    I have been trying to fix this for some time now, but with no luck, so i REALLY REALLY hope someone can help me!

Regards,
    Safi
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You'd be better off starting with a video editing program instead of DVD authoring software. That way, you can load the video and camera audio on the timeline, then load the soundboard audio file onto a separate timeline track, matching it to the camera audio waveform. After the audio is perfectly synchronized, you can export that soundboard track alone (most likely as a wav file), then convert it to AC3 (Aften software with Wav-to-Ac3 front end). Use a DVD authoring program like GUIforDVDAuthor to drop in the new sound file as an alternate audio track, so that users can switch between audio channels.

That's the general process.

As an alternative, you can mix both camera and soundboard audio into a single track using Audacity or similar audio software.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK cool enough - As im a bit new at this, what kind of video editing program aloves me to do what you just said :P have been looking a program where i could see both the cam-audio and the soundbord-audio at the same time, and sync it in that way. Dossent matter if its freewear or not
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Reaper can show video while working with audio. It is shareware with a generous approach, and is a very powerful multi-track tool in it's own right.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i must be very stupid - when i import the mpeg or the wav file, it dossent really open, it just showes the file and nothing else. Same thing happend with another program (EditStudio) i also tried. Is it really that hard to get a program where its posible for me to sync my to recordings? Or am i doing something wrong, do i need to convert the files before i can work with them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Safidk
    i must be very stupid - when i import the mpeg or the wav file, it dossent really open, it just showes the file and nothing else. Same thing happend with another program (EditStudio) i also tried. Is it really that hard to get a program where its posible for me to sync my to recordings? Or am i doing something wrong, do i need to convert the files before i can work with them?
    When you open it in what ?

If you are happy to pay, try the trial of Womble Mpeg Video Wizard. It has a standard editor type interface and can work with mpeg files without re-encoding.

My personal preference for syncing audio and video manually is Vegas because it's audio tools at top notch. But it isn't cheap.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote