VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    I found this program promising, though much less convenient in use than Fab, with the latter rendering straight into DVD format. With MakeMKV, I ended up with as many as 25 output files (from a BR, generally less if ripped from a DVD), with the only apparent differentiator or clue being the file sizes. It was necessary to inspect each file to be sure as to what it was, and then to rename them accordingly. Am I missing something, or are there some useful shortcuts one could employ -- say, if you wanted to rip Main Movie only, or Extras only ? (The only program tutorial I see listed are in the form of videos.)
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I know with DVDs you can take Movie Only and remove unwanted languages and subs....I own two Blu Ray discs and no computer Blu Ray drive.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    its a little barebones in that regard - typically you find the largest file and rip only that
    Quote Quote  
  4. Use ClownBD, it does exactly that for you. You just have to choose proper playlist. Movies could be split up in lots of segments, so better to follow playlist info. It uses eac3to to figure it out and mkvmerge or tsMuxer to mux it from BD.
    Quote Quote