I have been given one of the Ricoh CD-RW MP 6200A models, and it doesn't seem to be working right. Before I have someone dig into it to see what's wrong, my question is would it be worth it? I know it's kind of an older model, and I really don't know how great a product Ricoh makes. Anyone have experience with these and can tell me if it's a decent drive? I haven't found any reviews on that particular drive so far. Also, how much have CD-RW drives advanced over time? Are time and technology advances really an issue with these as they either do the job or they don't? Once again, I'm not asking what's wrong with the drive, just if it's worth the investment (ie if it's a cheapy burner).

Finally, I've never tried burning a disk before (yeah, I'm a newbie so shoot me :wink:). Are pretty much all the instructions I'll need for transferring video to VCD or SVCD (and do you use regular CDR's to accomplish this?) available on this site or is there another place you would recommend to learn how to do basic CDR burning?

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

I apologize if any of these questions belonged in a different forum. Just let me know if it's a problem. Thanks.

Chris