VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Vizeo M65-E0 Home Theater Display connected by Ethernet to a Netgear router and a NAS box connected to the same router so the 2 are on the same network. The Netgear router is also connected to the internet. Is there any way to access the movies on the NAS box from the M65-E0 Home Theater Display
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ellermld View Post
    I have a Vizeo M65-E0 Home Theater Display connected by Ethernet to a Netgear router and a NAS box connected to the same router so the 2 are on the same network. The Netgear router is also connected to the internet. Is there any way to access the movies on the NAS box from the M65-E0 Home Theater Display
    I looked at the Vizio M65-E0's manual. I couldn't find anything indicating that this display is a DLNA device. It doesn't look like it can access your server directly. Maybe you can use a Blu-ray player with Ethernet or WiFi to access the media server and play the content. I don't know enough about casting to say whether or not the VIZIO SmartCast™ App could be used to cast content from the server while it is being played on a tablet.

[Edit]I forgot to investigate whether or not Plex, Emby, or Kodi offered an app for your Vizio. Neither Emby or Kodi have one. Plex says this: "2017 model VIZIO televisions are not currently supported, but we're actively working with VIZIO to bring in support." I guess you will need to wait for further developments.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 18th Oct 2017 at 11:26.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote