VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. ok, the easy part i can do, use dvd shrink to rip the individual vob files so each episode is in one file.

what i want to do is convert each vob into an avi file, around 350 meg in size.

what is the way to do this?

ta
    Quote Quote  
  2. thanks for speedy reply manono,

just downloaded it and trying it out now.

there are several files in the dir im saving it to, i guess they are temp files that are part of the process.

_.avi
    _.avs
    VTS_02_1 T01 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3

VTS_02_1.d2v
    VTS_02_1 T01 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.wav
    VTS_02_1 T01 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.mp3

i guess when its finished the system will delete em and leave me with the one *.avi file of required size
    Quote Quote  
  3. this autogk looks good... have converted a few vob files already, but when i try to do a batc comversion, (all 4 episodes fron one disk) it puts them on one avi file.
    even though i set it to 1/2 a cd, or the custon size of 350 meg.

is there a setting some place that tells it to leave it as 4 seperate avi files?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Are you opening the IFO and trying to split them out by choosing the episodes there? Don't. Decrypt each episode to its own folder using DVDDecrypter in IFO Mode. Then add each separately to AutoGK before leaving it to encode one after the other.
    Quote Quote  
  5. what i have been doing is to use dvd shrink in reauthor mode to rip just the 4 episodes (without compression) to hard drive. also have shrink set so it has just one vob per episobe rather than 2.

then i run each vob through autogk. individualy it works fine, but as i say, for a batch of 4 vob's im not getting any luck

ps i did try it with all 4 vob's in one folder first, and then each vob in a sub folfer...still the same thing thismorning :( just one big avi file
    Quote Quote  
  6. I didn't understand much of that, but a VOB doesn't correspond to an episode. As I said, decrypt each episode to its own folder. I suppose you could do it using DVD Shrink, but I'd rather use DVD Decrypter myself.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if oyu have multiple VOBs then load the ifo in AutoGK so it knows that multiple VOBs need to be processed.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. hi manono,

on the dvd each episode is spread over 2 vob files.

shrink can put the 2 vob's together as one big vob of atound 1.8 gig
    Quote Quote  
  9. shrink can put the 2 vob's together as one big vob of atound 1.8 gig
    Not at all necessary because if there are 2 VOBs in the episode, by loading the first AutoGK picks up the second one automatically. That's if you're loading VOBs. Maybe it's not important to you, but if you're loading VOBs instead of IFOs you don't get subtitles unless you have them in separate files and load them using the CTRL-F8 trick.
    Quote Quote  
  10. hi again manono, the only subtitles i would want are the ones like alien talk, or any foreign language talk.

when i click on the ifo (its the second ifo, there are 4 of them) it opens up a small drop down menu that says 'Several PGC's were found in the ifo file'

one by one i select them, and add them to the job cueue, then hit start. but nothing happens :(
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by manono
    Decrypt each episode to its own folder using DVDDecrypter in IFO Mode. Then add each separately to AutoGK before leaving it to encode one after the other.
    Once you've tried that and found it doesn't work, then please come back and ask again.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by manono
    Originally Posted by manono
    Decrypt each episode to its own folder using DVDDecrypter in IFO Mode. Then add each separately to AutoGK before leaving it to encode one after the other.
    Once you've tried that and found it doesn't work, then please come back and ask again.

I'm getting ready to do the same thing. I have a Ninja Turtles DVD. It has like 15 episodes on it. I backed it up to 2 DVDs keeping the menu. However, I have the original and will use that one instead. I was going to use VirtualDub after running the disc thru FairUse to join them to one long AVI
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  13. i have got it working :)

but for some reason, the only way i could get it to work was to select the first vob, start autogk (to get it to a 350 meg avi) then add the other vob files to the queue.

then it works fine :)
    Quote Quote