VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Using non activated free version of 4K Video Downloader. I think it is version 4.9.

Using desktop PC with Windows 10 64 bit.
    Usually use Chrome browser.

Had been downloading a lot of YouTube content, with no problems. Nothing changed, but suddenly I began getting error messages.

These all happened on YouTube.

"Can't parse this link. Please send it to our support and we'll check it"

"Error"

"Error. Unknown site"

"This site is unsupported"

After these errors happened, I was able to easily download from Vimeo, so this is some kind of YouTube issue.

Things I have tried without any success:

1. Run 4k as Administrator.

2. Uninstall and reinstall 4K

3. Run in Smart Mode. Run without Smart Mode.

4. Changed destination file of downloads.

5. turned off Firewall and other antivirus.

6. Rebooted computer.

7. Used Jailbreak VPN to connect.

8. Tried downloading with FireFox instead.

Nothing works. Nothing.

I am not logged in as a YouTube account, just public browsing.

I can't post comments on Youtube any more, or create playlists, I was banned, but can still watch. But that wasn't stopping me from downloading until about an hour ago.

Advice says to "check privacy settings" but that is meaningless to me, I don't know what it is or how to do it.

Also the Proxy suggestion allows you to LOOK at the page of Youtube, but video WILL NOT PLAY when using the proxy, so that's useless.

What I can't understand is how the hell YouTube recognizes me even when I'm accessing via a VPN?

I should also mention that something strange happend with 4k.
    It WAS downloading all in MP FOUR format, which was a pain.

I don't know what I did or changed.
    But suddenly the windows that showed choices for video definition didn't pop up any more, and everything was just automatically downloading as an MP3, I didn't have to keep hitting the "Extract" button any more.

This was going on when I was heavily downloading with no trouble, and it is still true now.

As stated above VIMEO downloads flawlessly with no errors. Other sites say "Unknown site".
    Quote Quote  
  2. A lot of people can't download videos from YouTube at the moment.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Tom Saurus View Post
    A lot of people can't download videos from YouTube at the moment.
    Could you tell me your source of information? I see you are in Canada. I am in the USA. How many is "a lot" of people, and how do you know?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I usually can download YouTube videos with Video Download Helper and all that came up today where ADP videos. But just moments ago I noticed that a new version of youtube-dl is available. I updated youtube-dl and now I can download from YouTube again.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Tom Saurus View Post
    I usually can download YouTube videos with Video Download Helper and all that came up today where ADP videos. But just moments ago I noticed that a new version of youtube-dl is available. I updated youtube-dl and now I can download from YouTube again.
    Thanks. Could you please answer my question: What is your source of information? How do you know "a lot of people" are having this issue.

Could you explain more about your suggestion? Without knowing precisely what it is, I am not going to click on a link from a stranger.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Does it really matter what the source is ? Other than discussion within this forum.

And these links are not from 'a stranger'. They link direct to the download page on this site. Maybe you should check that first.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Youtube-dl stopped working within the last 24 hours or so. But the program was updated a few hours ago and can download from youtube again.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/394323-YouTube-dl-They-ll-Figure-It-Out#post2559838

Other downloaders will probably be updated soon too.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Does it really matter what the source is ? Other than discussion within this forum.

And these links are not from 'a stranger'. They link direct to the download page on this site. Maybe you should check that first.
    If it didn't matter, I wouldn't have asked. Anyone can claim anything. Without knowing what sources they are citing, you have no way to check veracity.

Yes, the links are posted by a person who is a stranger to me. I wouldn't click on a forum link without a lot of research first.

At any rate, I seem to have things working again.

But, now, my AnyDVD and CloneDVD are not working, error messages.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Yes, I had a period today when downloading YouTube videos was blocked. But now all seems to be working...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    I used it yesterday the same time as this post and I just used it now and it's working fine, I downloaded up to 1080p though only and I use the paid version of 4KDownloader.
    Quote Quote  
  11. bearcat22: I should have wrote "you were not the only person having problems downloading from YouTube" yesterday. Thankfully Video Download Helper is working again offering additional options to video quality and type in addition to that youtube-dl was updated yesterday and it has been working since then.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What do you suppose caused the problem? Does YouTube want to discourage downloading? Seems they always change something and the downloader programs need to be updated. Maybe the latest change caused other problems and they had to backpedal.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by JoeS99 View Post
    Does YouTube want to discourage downloading?
    Duh!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by JoeS99 View Post
    Does YouTube want to discourage downloading?
    Duh!
    Yeah, well the way they delete videos and accounts is criminal.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hmm.. that is strange. Might be the kind of mistake, because I am dowloading videos now from youtube and I have no troubles with it. may be because I am using one foreign programm for dolwloading, but abyway it is working. I always need to download some videos, because I am a video blogger also and I make other`s videos reviews. If here are some colleges bloggers I can suggest you brsm.io for gaining some new real subscribers on your channel. Best regards. I hope your problem would be solved. Some bugs I think,
    Quote Quote