VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. ..
    Last edited by Avagadro1; 22nd Mar 2021 at 07:46.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Depends on the card/device, driver, and capture software. Likely, best practices would say to reset & set EVERY time.

However, I find dubious the proc amp feature "IN SOFTWARE".
    Where you really want to have a proc amp is in the analog realm, prior to digitization. Only time digital version might be better is if the digitizer is very high dynamic range and floating point so no real data is lost or clipped prior to coding.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. The proc amp is provided by the device driver. Settings are stored (or not) in the Registry by the driver.
    Quote Quote  
  4. ..
    Last edited by Avagadro1; 22nd Mar 2021 at 07:46.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Around the same time as adding a Hauppauge WinTV DualHD DVB-T2 dual tuner device to my capture PC, any procamp settings I make for my Live2 (plugged into the same PC) are lost as soon as I close the AmarecTV 3.10 config screen. Not 100% certain it was adding the new device rather than some dogsh** win10 update(s) but . . . ! You should be able to test if this happening by choosing some outrageous settings in hue or saturation and see if you keep those settings when you capture. Using the procamp for the Live2 (Hauppauge Cx23100 Video Capture) via Graphedit AFTER I've come out of Amarec's config window seems to work.

Changing the 'default' settings in the registry doesn't seem to have any effect on my system.
    Last edited by TimA-C; 18th Aug 2020 at 13:49. Reason: Additional Thought.
    "Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds
    Quote Quote  
  6. Behavior differs with different devices. Some don't remember the proc amp settings from prior use, some do. Some may revert to defaults when the driver is reinstalled.
    Quote Quote  
  7. ..
    Last edited by Avagadro1; 22nd Mar 2021 at 07:47.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Avagadro1 View Post
    jagabo, yes I found that to be the case.

I have two capture devices, one holds its settings, the other must be reset with any change to what's going on.

Guess which I be keeping, and which will be tossed!

Thank you.
    Is it as clear cut as that?
    What if the one that holds it's settings produces poorer video quality?
    Not everything is black and white no matter how you may wish it were
    Quote Quote  
  9. ..
    Last edited by Avagadro1; 22nd Mar 2021 at 07:48.
    Quote Quote  
  10. As with many devices, Windows' default drivers may have fewer features than the vendor's drivers. So check with the vendor if possible.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    So much for best practices...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  12. ..
    Last edited by Avagadro1; 22nd Mar 2021 at 07:55.
    Quote Quote