VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello Everyone,

I wrote Baldrick as per the rules and he replied saying it was okay to post this thread. So here I am offering you an ever-growing collection of free music to use in your projects, whether they are merely hobbyist or full-blown commercial endeavors. I started making free music about 3 - 4 years ago as a way to give back and I've been adding at least a couple new pieces each month to the pile. Every single one of my tracks can be downloaded on My Website Here: https://www.darrencurtismusic.com

When you download a track from my site you'll receive a .Zip folder that contains the .MP3, looped .OGG and uncompressed .WAV files. You'll also get a simplistic Materials Release signed by me in case you feel you might need it to prove you have my permission. If you end up needing something more in depth or you require something I haven't provided, feel free to send the info to me at desperatemeasurez@yahoo.com and I'll get it back to you as soon as possible.

All I ask is to be credited for the music. If mine is the only music present in the video you can simply put "Music By Darren Curtis." Or if one of my tracks appears with other artists' music, just write "(Name of the Piece) by Darren Curtis." If for some reason you're working on a production that can not credit, like an ad or trailer, feel free to write and let me know. I try to be flexible when it comes to most needs and I'm sure we can work something out.

All of my work is 100% original. I write, mix and master every track I do with tools from several different developers I've collected over the years. Some of the earlier pieces will be noticeably of lower quality as I've gained more experience over time.

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys and has a great day. If you have any questions, concerns or troubles, please feel free to contact me and I'll get back to you as soon as I'm able!

Many thanks and best wishes!
    Darren
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for being so generous with your hard work.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
    Thanks for being so generous with your hard work.
    You're very welcome! I hope some of the music is helpful! I have a lot of fun messing around with music/sound so I've enjoyed making it.

Thanks so much and best wishes!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks Darren. May I suggest that you provide short clips that can be played from the menu pages? That way users can avoid downloading music they don't really want.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by JVRaines View Post
    Thanks Darren. May I suggest that you provide short clips that can be played from the menu pages? That way users can avoid downloading music they don't really want.
    You're quite welcome! Thanks for the comment and suggestion! If you click the pictures above the "Download" text, it'll take you to that specific track on Youtube in a new window. That might be a little inconvenient for some, but it's at least a way to preview the music before you download it.

Now that I have the site up and running I'll be looking to make improvements as I'm able, so I'll definitely look into having small players embedded for quick previews. Thanks so much!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you Darren. I've listened to a few tracks and am impressed.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by DeJay View Post
    Thank you Darren. I've listened to a few tracks and am impressed.
    Thanks so much! You're quite welcome! I appreciate you taking the time to comment and I hope the music is able to help down the line!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hello Everyone,

It's been awhile since I updated this but I have a few new pieces available for download. Also, due to getting the request from several people, I did some work on the site to incorporate on-board streaming. Each track can now be played in its entirety right from the site so you can decide if you want it or not.

Here are a couple of the newer tracks I've finished.

"Brace For The Storm" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJGzNte6A98

"The Old Pumpkin Patch" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7h65ADvNes

I hope everyone is well and enjoys!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Very generous of you to make this available for us and others. BIG thank you for this as I'm sure a lot of people don't realize until late go check if the music they picked for something need to be licensed and paid for.
    Last edited by dannyboy48888; 9th Mar 2018 at 13:43. Reason: Spelling
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by dannyboy48888 View Post
    Very generous of you to make this available for us and others. BIG thank you for this as I'm sure a lot of people don't realize until late go check if the music they picked for something need to be licensed and paid for.
    Hey, you're quite welcome! Thanks so much for the comment and support! I appreciate it! I hope the music is able to help you out somewhere down the line! Best wishes!
    Quote Quote  
  11. It's been quite awhile since I've updated this, but I've come out with several new tracks which are all up on the site. I'll post just a couple of the most recent pieces I've completed.

First, a dark, apocalyptic sort of music called "Dystopian Nightmare" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIL2pQsQPBE

And secondly, we have a Sci-Fi mixed with orchestral elements track with an epic feeling to it. It's called "Faraway Star." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AaKRsu8YPM

Quote Quote  
  12. Hello everyone,

It's been a few weeks since I've updated this. Time has been seeming to escape me lately. I have another couple tracks which I've released. The first is a dark, Sci-Fi piece that starts softer and builds into a big climax. I had in mind a transformation of some kind taking place. It's titled "The Ascension" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEwSvHfQlis

And secondly I have a track that's more built toward a trailer score. "Ignite The Fire" is all about sound design elements and deep, booming percussion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQMROzr-a-A

I hope everyone is well and has a great weekend!
    Best wishes!
    Quote Quote  
  13. You could try getting your music into the oficial Youtube music library. Some people like me are paranoid to use music outside the official library in videos due the copyright bots.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by rocco123 View Post
    You could try getting your music into the oficial Youtube music library. Some people like me are paranoid to use music outside the official library in videos due the copyright bots.
    Hey, thanks so much for the tip. I actually tried looking into that, but it doesn't seem to be open to submissions anymore. Unless I'm overlooking something.

That's one of the reasons I provide signed materials releases with every track. My goal was to try to make people feel safe using the music by providing them release forms they could use to prove they had my permission. In case Youtube does try to snag someone with a false copyright claim, you can dispute it and submit the form as proof.

Sorry if that's not enough. If Youtube ever opens a way back up to submit to their library, I would certainly do that.

Anyway, here's the latest free piece I've done. It's a sci-fi track that mixes some atmospheric elements with lots of digital plucks and other sounds. It's called "Lost World."

You can download it right here: https://www.darrencurtismusic.com/sci-fi-modern

Best wishes, everyone!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How kind and altruistic of you, Darren. I don't use music much because I do videos from live wildlife cams and don't like to add "artificial" sounds - but sometimes a soundtrack is called for and I shall remember you!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by clemenzina View Post
    How kind and altruistic of you, Darren. I don't use music much because I do videos from live wildlife cams and don't like to add "artificial" sounds - but sometimes a soundtrack is called for and I shall remember you!
    Well, thank you very much! I appreciate that. It's always great to be remembered! Haha.

If the music can ever be of service to you in the future, then that's awesome! I hope you have a great week!
    Quote Quote  
  17. Hello Everyone! I hope you've all been doing well!

Today I've got 2 new tracks with which to update this thread. The first is a dark, Sci-Fi piece called "Intruder Aboard." This is a tension building, background track that could be useful for augmenting what's happening on screen and not being too in your face or stealing the show.

And secondly we have "Haven of the Faeries." This is a peaceful, fantasy piece of music for a Heavenly place featuring the harp, a flute and some ethereal vocals.

Thanks so much for taking the time to check this out. I hope you find some of them helpful. Have a great weekend!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Hello again!

It's been a little while since I've updated this but I have a few new tracks I've released over the last month. The most recent of which is a dark, Sci-Fi piece called "We've Been Breached." It's a background, tension building track.

And we also have some film noir type music named "Nowhere to Hide." This is all about an impending sense of danger and urgency. Someone is on us and we need to get out of here as fast as we can!

Thanks so much for taking the time to listen!
    Best wishes, everyone!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hello Everyone,

It's been a long while since I posted any updates on here. I have a lot more free music I've released this past year and I'm now over 120 tracks. Here are a couple of my newer pieces.

Here's an epic orchestral track with a lot of fast strings, booming percussion and horns called "I Will Find You."

And this next one is a dark, more psychological track with a lot of unnerving synthetic sounds. "A Method to the Madness."

You can download these two and all the rest of my free music on my site here: darrencurtismusic.com

I hope everyone has been well and enjoys the music!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Hello Everyone!

It's been a long while since I posted any updates on here. I've released several new tracks and am just over 150 now. All of them are available to download here: https://www.darrencurtismusic.com

Here are a couple of my newer pieces.

A tension building theme with dark strings, brass and some clocks: "Time's Up."

A sad medieval type track featuring the Bazantar: "Eternal Sleep."

I hope everyone has been well and enjoys the music!
    Quote Quote  
  21. It's been quite some time since I've updated this, but here we go. I have several new tracks published since my last post. Here are a few examples of some of the newer ones.

An epic dark track "Pay the Reaper."

Upbeat hybrid orchestral piece "Break These Chains."

A hybrid Chinese uplifting beat "And the Sun Rises."

These and roughly 200 more are available to download and use right here: https://www.darrencurtismusic.com

Quote Quote