VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have successfully used EyeTV version 1.7 to open an m2t file and output it to a DV file. (i think it is a free download at their site and doesn't require any hardware) I then successfully imported it into imovie HD.

1. Start EyeTV
    2. Hold down the ctrl key and select "open quicktime movie" from the file menu
    3. You should now be able to select any m2t files.
    4. enter command-b followed by command-r (this will record the file to Eye-TV)
    5. click the "eye" logo (grey not color) on the on-screen remote control and you will see a list containing your recording
    6. Select the file, then select export from the file menu.
    7. The save-as panel will give the the following choices: for email, for web, for imovie, for idvd, for dvd studio pro, for toast, mpeg program stream , mpeg elementary stream, DV stream 4:3, DV stream 16:9, quicktime movie, AVI, mpeg-4, 3G, DivX avi. (I used the DV 4:3, using the 16:9 and importing into imove HD left a white strip on the right hand side in the background).

I recorded a segment of PBS-HD via firewire from a motorola 6200 using AVS Browser 0.8.1 to get the m2t file. The Video is HD and the audio AC3.

I hope this helps.

The stie is http://www.elgato.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the guide gregzw. Be sure to submit it to the guide section.
    Quote Quote  
  3. MPEG Streamclip says it can translate transport streams. I don't have any to play with, but this might be another solution.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MPEG Streamclip handles EyeTV MPEG transport/program streams without any trouble (for me). The new batch processing in v1.2 works well for conversions on them although the UI is awkward for choosing different source/destination folders.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MPEG Streamclip 1.2 also handles the previously difficult transport streams from HBO HD and Showtime HD, etc.
    Quote Quote