VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    The whole EU is about to pass the same BS DMCA-equivalent laws. Why do you think we're hosted in Greenland?
    I like systems, their application excepted. (George Sand, translated from French), "J'aime beaucoup les systèmes, le cas d'application excepté."
    Quote Quote  
  2. Switzerland's not part of the EU... so 'FARTTTTT!!!!!!!!!' to all of the rat bastards....
    Quote Quote  
  3. since the 1.5.5a release, i haven't successfully ripped any dvds.
    i'm getting the following error, no matter what DVD i try:
    Error writing TITLE VOB
    Mirror of Title set 1 faild [sic]
    Mirror of DVD faild [sic]

i haven't tried a backup (RCE and region protection removed).

if you need any more info, let me know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, we're working on that one. It should be fixed by the time MacTheRipper 2.0 comes along, with a completely reworked codebase. It's going to be a little while before it gets released, however, as it's in its early development stages at this point. We will probably have an interim release (that doesn't address that problem) in the meantime. Those DVDs are from a different region than the drive, right? And you did set your drive to a region (by playing at least one commercial DVD from your region with DVD Player), right? If you're getting that error with DVDs from your own region, please contact us by email at mtr@wormintheapple.gr and we'll try to get your problem resolved.
    I like systems, their application excepted. (George Sand, translated from French), "J'aime beaucoup les systèmes, le cas d'application excepté."
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MacTheRipper 1.5.6 has been released. Here are the new features:
    • Added Macrovision removal
    • Added an 'eject' button
    • Added CSS key recovery method selection
    • Redesigned interface
    You can grab your copy of MacTheRipper 1.5.6 at the usual location:
    http://homepage.mac.com/wiseweasel/mactherippercurrent.dmg
    Quote Quote  
  6. WiseWeasel/Geezerbuttz,

Thanks for such an excellent utility! And it is the only one with which I can rip two DVD's at once on my G4/450 DP and still have plenty of CPU time free

Anyway, can MTR be adapted to cope with illegal characters like / and ' in disk names? Walt Disney's Atlantis: Milo's Return won't be ripped by MTR, since the disk is titled (enclosed in double quotes):

"Atlantis / Milo's Return"

(Luckily, 0SEx did the job)

Regards,
    Bugbasher
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Damn, the apostrophe is not the problem, it's the slash symbol. I'll forward the request to Geezerbuttz, and see if he can find a solution to this problem. Thanks for the feedback.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Try making a disk image of he DVD and changing the name before running MTR. I'm not sure MTR will see a disk image as a real DVD however.

william
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That won't work. Don't do that. If you can make a valid disc image, then there is no need for MTR.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can make a quick and dirty disc image in Toast, its pretty fast. And it will mount as a proper disc. And it will still be encrypted, so MTR is still needed!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think MTR would be able to crack the encryption on the disc image, since it's missing the disc key from the original DVD. I'd be interested in being proven wrong, though.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by WiseWeasel
    I don't think MTR would be able to crack the encryption on the disc image, since it's missing the disc key from the original DVD. I'd be interested in being proven wrong, though.
    I thought MtR brute forced the key, not retrieved it...
    If it isn't broken, take it apart and find out why.
    blog: deadsierra
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm pretty sure it brute forces the drive key, but still requires the disk key. I don't think it would work if you used Toast to make an image of an encrypted DVD and then tried to use MTR to rip it unprotected. I'm not going to bother finding out, but I'm pretty damned sure. If someone wants to experiment, I'd be interested in knowing the result.
    Quote Quote  
  14. are there any news for the including of the following features in a future release of mtr:

displaying the filesize of the selected disc, title, chapter
    displaying the length of the selected title, chapter
    deselecting of audio-, video- or subtitletracks
    when deselecting a track (audio, video or subs) an auto filesize adjustment would be cool
    when selecting "extract main feature" you can deselect chapters

those features are inclduded in osex (exept auto filesize adjustment) but i really miss those in mtr. i hope the developer team, which has done so far a very good job, can include those features since they're very useful.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    maybe
    no
    no
    no
    no
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by WiseWeasel
    maybe
    no
    no
    no
    no
    that means i still have to keep osex
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bendermac
    Wouldnt you keep it anway? OH MY GOSH! down a whole 576kb
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by galactica
    Originally Posted by bendermac
    Wouldnt you keep it anway? OH MY GOSH! down a whole 576kb
    it has more to with using only one app insted of 2 or more
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hello.....bendermac.....,
    Firstly, nothing is impos , it just takes time.
    Secondly , have you supported MTR , by supporting the developer?

You are asking for a lot of work , for no goin on my part . I might suggest that if you realy want a function to make it to the release that you 'support' the developer. If not like the others have said, stick to OSEX.

contact WW for info on how to support.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Apologies if I'm going over old ground here - I'd like to clarify something discussed above and in some other threads.

I was running a Powerbook G4 (Matshita 816) set to Region 3. Is it possible to rip Region 1 DVDs with MTR 1.5.6 without changing my region setting from Region 3 to Region 1? I tried this (and did not run DVD Player, the DVD was 'ignored') with a Region 1 DVD, but the rip failed (very quickly) and I got error messages in the MTR log. There was no RCE on the DVD.

When I changed my setting to Region 1 (exhausting one of my 5 lives...) MTR seemed to complete the task properly, but on viewing the VIDEO files from my harddrive with DVD Player and VLC (I did not compress or burn these files, pending seeing if the rip was successful) the images were very pixilated (is that the right term?) and unwatchable. I then ripped the same DVD with DVDBackup and it played with DVD Player from my harddrive without a problem. The DVD contained a serial (I've read on this site that DVDBackup is better for serials than MTR?).

I'd be grateful for your input on the above. I'm new to this game (and this site) so thanks for your patience.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can rip R2 discs on an R1 drive, so I assume yes.
    If it isn't broken, take it apart and find out why.
    blog: deadsierra
    Quote Quote  
  22. I have a question (sorry if I bother you, but I'm new). I have a DVD from Europe and when I insert and open MacTheRipper it says DISC REGION 1 2 3 4 5 6 8. Doesn't that mean I can play it with a dvd player that reads region 1? However, when I put it in my philips DVD 750 NR it says DISC ERROR, NO DATA AVAILABLE. But I can perfectly play it in my powerbook.

Any ideas on what is wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  23. That's because even though it is region free, it is in PAL format and your NTSC player can't play it. Any computer can play PAL discs, so the computer can play it, since it is region free.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Master of my domain thoughton's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I just tried out MTR1.5.6 again (had to check 'About' to get the version number, nice angels btw ) and I didn't realise I didn't have enough disc space. The DVD was 7.2 gig. After ripping in the background I heard a beep and when I brought MTR to the front it looked like it had finished. However when I looked at my HD I noticed it said 0kb space left. Sure enough the video_ts folder is only 6.6 gig. Just lettin' ya know

PS The way OSX keeps track of disc space and folder size sucks!
    Tim Houghton
    WebsitePhotography
    Quote Quote  
  25. I have also disabled the DVD player so it does not launch and run into the same error. I am using an Emac, not a Powerbook.
    Quote Quote  
  26. I've been trying for some time to get a copy of MTR. I downloaded it from a different source a couple of weeks ago, but it came in as text. I tried to save it as a .dmg, but it just opens as text. Is there a way to convert it to an application, of which I am just ignorant?

I tried the address given above, but it is no longer viable. Is there someplace else it is available?

Mike
    Quote Quote  
  27. The MTR Site

Option click this link Or right click from a 2-button mouse and select "Save As" to force a proper download.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Got MTR. haven't had time to work with it yet, but it is an application and looks like it should work. thanks a bunch.

Mike
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ohhh it will
    Quote Quote