VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. +VR is a complicated story.
    But is it possible to create -VR on PC at least?

On an normal DVD-VR, there is a VRO file which contains all movie streams. Tools such as IsoBuster can locate and extract each individual video stream by reading the IFO.

How can I create a DVD-VR on a PC by owning MP2-encoded video footage and an IFO editor?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Doubt it.

To what purpose?

The idea of VR is geared towards hardware recorders (hence "Video Recording") On PCs, you already have a plethora of options to record streams, and if you ultimately want it to be put on discs to be playable by settops, you can easily convert & author to dvd-video or bdmv.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TechLord View Post
    +VR is a complicated story.
    But is it possible to create -VR on PC at least?

On an normal DVD-VR, there is a VRO file which contains all movie streams. Tools such as IsoBuster can locate and extract each individual video stream by reading the IFO.

How can I create a DVD-VR on a PC by owning MP2-encoded video footage and an IFO editor?
    There is no software for creating -VR discs on a PC, and as Cornucopia wrote, there is no good reason to write any.

Also, what IFO editor were you planning to use? IFOEdit is geared towards IFOs on video mode DVDs. When I tried to open an IFO file on a DVD-RAM disc recorded in -VR mode by my old Panasonic DVD recorder with IFOEdit, it could not read the file. The DVD-RAM disc is fine and my PC can play it.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote