1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Gonna have a quiet new years.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Home, Friends, Loud Music & plenty of Bourbon
    And a couple of locked door's to keep anyone from wandering where they should not wander
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just planning on staying home and listening to the local explosions with my girl and wondering if the neighbors will either blow themselves up this time or end up with the police at their door. Again.

Fireworks here are available even at Safeway grocery stores. It's probably a good thing that there's not much to burn here locally with tile roofs and all.

Happy New Year.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Other.

My frantic end or year planning schedule only goes to Dec 31.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm spending New Years Eve and New Years Day with my parents. I'm doing the cooking while Dad's watches the bowl games.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'll be here at midnight wishing these a$$holes would stop with the fireworks, STFU and GO HOME. I live on a cul-de-sac that seems to be THE meeting place for goofs and their fireworks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Having Friends over and celebrate while we enjoy the Fireworks, good music(my band will be performing), food, and company of friends from the last 40 years.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hoping for some peace and quiet.

We finally got all our relatives and assorted Christmas-time visitors out of our hair. Whew.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Going to my nephew's for a combination New Year/30th birthday celebration. (His not mine)
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Staying home. Nothing special.

Waiting for the UofM bowl game.

No idea why I'm writing in short incomplete sentences.

Just talking.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I went to Times Square for New Years eve when I was in college. Many many years ago./ That was busy .. so what ever happens on New Years day after that is just year by year. Nothing planned now, but usually something small will develop in the last day or so.

And not to condescend, but this is a video web site.... and if nothing else develops..with big screen TVs in most of my rooms and plenty of DVDs or Bluerays of music, musicals, and other great movies on tap, why even go out.
    I live in the wine belt of California , so good wine is always avail at reasonable prices. However, nothing says New Years to my kind of Californian like Tequila.

What ever I do, The new Year will come and it's only importance to me is that it means only a month or so to warm weather and every day motorcycling. Oh, I do like my motorcycles and I still even kind of like my old sports cars. When your old like me, and if your a man, in the end, it's the toys that count... and the days..... (even New Years day)... well!.. they just come and they just go.

At 69 years old, I'm happy to still be alive and really happy to be still physically involved in weight lifting and running.( I've done both most every day since I was 12 years old and I would have to say... after all those years.. it has made a difference.

Well!!! New Years Day.... just one more day.
    Last year I went out and did 170 mph on one of my bikes. This year, since I'm getting closer to the magical 70, if it's not raining out, I'll only do a 150.

Sooner or later everyone dies.. and when my time comes, I definitely don't want to die in bed sleeping peacefully.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    By all odds, I'll be asleep at that hour.
    Boring? Yeah, maybe.
    Then again, parties, drinking, etc ... that gets boring after a while, too.

Maybe watch some TV at most, if awake.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have to be at work at 6 a.m. news year day, so I will probably be in the bed and asleep before 9 p.m...I gave up drinking many years ago, and I think the whole news years eve/day things over rated anyway..
    Quote Quote  
  14. Just another date on the calender.

Quiet evening with my beloved, with some good TV/Movie watching from the collection.
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is it just me or is New Years one of those way overhyped days of the year?

To me its kinda like the super bowl. Just another excuse to party. Don't get me wrong - I'm a football nut and will watch the Superbowl regardless of whos in it. BUT its the hype that gets to me more than anything.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote