VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello!

I have got 10 bit data from CMOS image sensor
    I encapsulate it in 2 bytes(16 bit)/pixel and store 1024x1024 pixels in text file consistently
    Can I consider that file as 16-bit RAW data?
    If I can, does it exist RAW 16-bit to JPEG converter?

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Is it debayered? Most would consider un-debayered to be raw, not the debayered version.
    Is the pixel coding linear? Most would consider linear coding to be more close to the original raw than your usual log or otherwise encoded version which tries to conform to psychovisual needs and color spectrum standards.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks !
    No itsnot debayred, just data from ADC
    I suppose that pixel coding is linear
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I don't know of any standalone, straight RAW-to-JPEG converters, for the simple fact that you SHOULD be making adjustments, based on the content, to get an optimum JPEG image. Those kind of adjustments can usually only be done in a full-fledged image editing app such as Photoshop (or Gimp if you are lucky and the plugins and workarounds work for you).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. You can easily do this in Adobe Lightroom: you just drag all the images to the Library; select them all; apply any general corrections to all selected files (they usually required some sort of adjustment); and then export them to JPEG (or any other supported format). You can create a JPEG preset that has the compression amount you want to apply.

I did a quick search and quickly found this 32-second YouTube video that describes the process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghOZrjqwfC8
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks a lot!
    I will try with Photoshop, Adobe lightroom, Rawtherapee and later inform about results
    Unfortunally dcraw undownloadble
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No itsnot debayred, just data from ADC Tutuapp 9apps Showbox !
    Last edited by hannahxx; 17th Jul 2019 at 21:58.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yes, itsnot debayred, just data from ADC
    Quote Quote  
  9. Unfortunally RawTherapee cant see my file(
    I tried with *.txt and *.raw
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it's my guess absolutely nothing will read your files. all the raw to jpg converters would need precise details on exactly how your raw data is written to file in order to deal with it. even things like canon bringing out a new camera with a different model number in the file header can take months for raw converters to update their settings in order to use it. you are probably going to have to try writing your own i'm afraid.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    True. Since you created your own "file format" of your captured data, you are also going to have create your own "file format reader".

Scott
    Quote Quote