VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Disk Utility is no longer available for this since the High Serria. Any other options available for Mojave?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Probably better asked and answered in our Mac Forum. Moving you.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jasminetrekker View Post
    Disk Utility is no longer available for this since the High Serria. Any other options available for Mojave?
    I suppose you meant to say that the BootCampAssistant is no longer available. It actually is on some machines, but it was deactivated for the Classic Mac Pro tower computers. The reasons are valid, but you can still run windows. I have windows 10 installed on my system without issue.

If you are in fact using a cMP tower, you shouldn’t install from a USB. The USB install is an EFI Windows install and it can (and has for many people) cause firmware corruption which will give you a giant silver brick on your desktop. You should only install windows 10 in legacy mode from a DVD (default option for DVD). It’s not hard, and it won’t brick your machine. If you still insist on installing in EFI mode, the informaion below should help. Forget about BCA (BootCamp Assistant), it’s simply not needed.

A quick Google of the subject leads me to the page below. I hope this helps.

https://www.passfab.com/mac/how-to-create-a-bootable-windows-10-8-7-usb-on-mac-with-wi...-bootcamp.html
    Last edited by crjackson; 2nd Jan 2019 at 22:58.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by crjackson View Post
    Originally Posted by jasminetrekker View Post
    Disk Utility is no longer available for this since the High Serria. Any other options available for Mojave?
    I suppose you meant to say that the BootCampAssistant is no longer available. It actually is on some machines, but it was deactivated for the Classic Mac Pro tower computers. The reasons are valid, but you can still run windows. I have windows 10 installed on my system without issue.

If you are in fact using a cMP tower, you shouldn’t install from a USB. The USB install is an EFI Windows install and it can (and has for many people) cause firmware corruption which will give you a giant silver brick on your desktop. You should only install windows 10 in legacy mode from a DVD (default option for DVD). It’s not hard, and it won’t brick your machine. If you still insist on installing in EFI mode, the informaion below should help. Forget about BCA (BootCamp Assistant), it’s simply not needed.

A quick Google of the subject leads me to the page below. I hope this helps.

https://www.passfab.com/mac/how-to-create-a-bootable-windows-10-8-7-usb-on-mac-with-wi...-bootcamp.html
    Thanks for this great suggestion.

Bootcamp is available on my mac but it keeps saying the USB should be 32G+. However, I only got a 16G USB sticks. I am trying to use PassFab software but the disk is not bootable. Now it is no longer an issue as it is fixed by following the tips in this post: https://www.androidphonesoft.com/resources/burn-iso-to-usb-on-mac.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Glad you got it sorted out...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The freeware UNetbootin can also help!
    Quote Quote