VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I try to use Virtualdub. When everything is set and the processing would start, the program halts with
    "Error opening mask file!
    Please make sure you specified correct spool dir"

I can't find where to specify this, nor do I know what I should choose.

Please advise, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What video and audio codecs are you using? Under video and audio -> compression. Tried different settings?

Virtualdub 64bit? Try then the 32bit version.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Did you set MSU SR's temp folder to a folder that exists and you have write access to? Are you running both passes?
    Quote Quote  
  4. First I tried the 64 bit version but the additional plugins, MSU subtitle remover and delogo, didn't even appear among the filters. Then I turned to the 32 bit version.
    I have different video codecs, thanks, I will try different settings.

I noticed that the default temp folder C:\Temp hadn't existed, so I created it. I don't know about the two phases, what are they?
    Quote Quote  
  5. knreddy
    Search Comp PM
    Repeatable Solution , 32 bit mode, (Repeatedly checked on different Intel PCs): Copy the following 3 files from VirtualDub v1.7.8 to VirtualDub 2 (44282)
    auxsetup.exe
    vdremote.dll
    vdsvrlnk.dll
    run auxsetup.exe by opening / double clicking,
    Install handler, Run VirtualDub , Now plugin MSU Subtitle remover 3.0b2 wilil be working with VirtualDub 2 .

Repeat above before every new project or modification.

NOTE:
    (i) Virtual dub filter should have write access to folder e.g TEMP , Now a days Windows restricts access to C Drive, hence write access to be granted or better to provide some folder on non OS, writable drive like D etc
    ii) MSU Subtitle remover 3.0b2 is not working with VirtualDub v1.10.4
    (iii) MSU Subtitle remover 3.0b2 is working with v1.7.8 but in my case Video is tilted few degrees towards left side (Checked many versions Virtualdub)
    (iv) If Detection Area is known e.g. if location of subtitles are fixed , it is better to select that area to avoid artefacts. The pixel size of video is shown by program , we have to assess the approximate pixel reference coordinates with + side 5-10 % extra area after unselecting Automatic

Used as below
    1st pass - Detection
    Start VirtualDub and open your video
    Add MSU Subtitle Remover to filters (Video->Filters->Add)
    Select Temp folder preferably non OS drive
    by default Detect subtitles" in selected condition >OK

click on special play button "Output playback" , wait until it detects

For Second pass:
    Go to Video->Filters->select existing Subtitle remove filter > Configure > select Remove Subtitles (Read masks from file)>OK

Save > as AVI
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Handler installation.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	67597  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Manual area.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	289.1 KB
ID:	67598  

Last edited by knreddy; 13th Nov 2022 at 04:38. Reason: 32 bit
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you knreddy for the new info. It doesn't solve my particular problem but I think you can help.

I can't get the MSU Logo Removal filter working, as in, it can't output any .logopack file. I have tried to save the .logopack to a non system drive, run video analysis pass, but it doesn't write anything. Do you have any suggestions?

Best, Thomas
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    MSU subtitle remover and delogo is nothing to write home about anyway, use Avisynth+ and InpaintDelogo.
    Quote Quote