VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi
    I'm unable to contact Womble MultiMedia or find references to why. Can someone point me to any information about what's going on with that company?
    Are they re-Branded, owned now by someone else, or...?
    Cheers
    OF
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It would appear they are out of business, there is a website but it's down, there is an email but apparently no one responds. They are listed as being in Cupertino California but I can't find any information about them.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    They have probably been out of business for more than a year at this point. I tried Womble MultiMedia's website well over a year ago to see if I could still buy one of their products and it was not functioning then either.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sad news, but thank you for sharing.
    MPEG Video Wizard is a brilliant tool. I hope I can learn where these designers/programmers have moved; maybe they are still doing similar work in some other situation. I'd watch that Company and those products with interest.
    Thank you again for your help.
    OF
    Last edited by OldFangle; 11th Mar 2022 at 09:30. Reason: Spelled my own name incorrectly.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Wasn't it a small company with 4 people or similar, may be they just retired.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    According to the California Secretary of State's site, https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov, they dissolved themselves on September 16th, 2019. No mention of what happened to their IP.
    Quote Quote  
  7. It also doesn't help that after some MS updates back around February/March of 2021, it broke the functionality of the program (Mpeg Video Wizard dvd) so it will not even load/start up anymore on my win 10 setup. Its a darn shame
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by mazinz View Post
    It also doesn't help that after some MS updates back around February/March of 2021, it broke the functionality of the program (Mpeg Video Wizard dvd) so it will not even load/start up anymore on my win 10 setup. Its a darn shame
    Sad indeed, such a great program. I wish there was a tool that worked similar because it is just about perfect for my workflow.

I would maybe try a fresh install of the last working version and clean out the registry entries -- I'm also on an updated version of Windows 10 and it still works fine for me.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by robjv1 View Post
    Originally Posted by mazinz View Post
    It also doesn't help that after some MS updates back around February/March of 2021, it broke the functionality of the program (Mpeg Video Wizard dvd) so it will not even load/start up anymore on my win 10 setup. Its a darn shame
    Sad indeed, such a great program. I wish there was a tool that worked similar because it is just about perfect for my workflow.

I would maybe try a fresh install of the last working version and clean out the registry entries -- I'm also on an updated version of Windows 10 and it still works fine for me.
    Interesting. Can you tell me what version of the program you are running? It looks like I may have reinstalled (overwrite, not clean) back in June of 2021 based on when some of its files (in the programs folder) are showing as modified. It was a bit wonky on windows 7 also, worked for a while on windows 10 until the MS updates I mentioned came through.

On mine it loads the tile editor window and nothing else. It then flashes the "program has stopped working and needs to shutdown" windows message. It actually does this twice then shuts. I tried all compatibility settings, made a little more progress when set it to win Xp but still nothing functional. Going through the registry I see womble but only Key info listed. I don't see the usual program settings I'm certain it had. According to the version.dll in the program folder I might have been running version 5.0.1.104

I have to fish mine out since I have it all saved on an archive disc, but curious if I'm missing any spots in the registry aside from whats under the software sections (or essentially the info keys) you would normally delete?
    Quote Quote  
  10. v5.0.1.112 running fine here (Windows 11, 22593.1, 64bit)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just installed on my Windows 10 Laptop with the latest updates. Version 5.0.1.112.

Runs great with a few minor graphics glitches on the interface. Laptop is about 9 years old with an Nvidia GeForce 660 graphics card.
    Quote Quote  
  12. No luck. Uninstalled and deleted all registry entries, rebooted. Installed (I was running prior and do have 5.0.1.112). Same issue occurs. I then tried again (after another uninstall), but had it install to a folder I made on the desktop. Again same problem. No idea what was changed or altered on the system back when I noticed it stopped working (post#9), but it was after MS updates.

My computer is win 10 64 pro 21h1 19043.1620. It may have to due with the fact that when going to win 10 it wasn't a clean instal, rather an inplace upgrade but I kept all programs and settings

However since everything else does work fine, I am not going to screw up the system trying to get this one program to work. Worst case I can just use an old win xp mode virtual machine image I had when windows 7 offered it (all saved to archive discs) and run it through Vmware. Course I dont want to hijack this thread further, still open to suggestions
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by mazinz View Post
    Post a picture of the error messages here
    Quote Quote  
  14. There are a few thngs you can try :

First, try to run the program in compatibility mode set on Windows 7 or Windows XP SP3 (rght click on the exe file, then choose "properes " and then go to "compatibility" and choose comatibility "windows 7" or "Windows XP SP3).

You may try to lauch it as an administrator (right click on exe file then choose "run as administrator")

Or you can try to clear all the regedit entries related to "Womble Multimedia" but you must be sure of what you do! Be very carefull with this.

I ope those adices will help you.

Best regards
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Post a picture of the error messages here
    This is what started to occur after the dates listed. It loads the tile editor layout box, then it flashes the usual this program needs to close message. If I choose "close" it loads the same message one more time (which I choose again to close) before fully shutting and the tile editor box disappearing
    [Attachment 64164 - Click to enlarge]

Originally Posted by Hunk91 View Post
    There are a few thngs you can try :

First, try to run the program in compatibility mode set on Windows 7 or Windows XP SP3 (rght click on the exe file, then choose "properes " and then go to "compatibility" and choose comatibility "windows 7" or "Windows XP SP3).

You may try to lauch it as an administrator (right click on exe file then choose "run as administrator")

Or you can try to clear all the regedit entries related to "Womble Multimedia" but you must be sure of what you do! Be very carefull with this.

I ope those adices will help you.

Best regards
    All of these options were fully tried over a year ago (and recently), deleting the reg keys for womble (today) still no luck
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    No luck. Same issue persist
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    You have PM
    replied
    Quote Quote  
  18. You should check your system.
    Download this: https://files.videohelp.com/u/292773/Dism-Gui_1.2.9.7z
    Use the right version for your OS (x86 or x64).
    Start the program and click on SFC Scan
    [Attachment 64165 - Click to enlarge]

Wait until is finished. if errors are found, run it one more time.
    If no more errors are found, then click on Restore and then Online.
    [Attachment 64166 - Click to enlarge]

Again, wait until everything is finished and then restart the computer.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    You should check your system.

I like your frontend gui

The SFC scan found some eorrs and repaired them. Second scan was clean and restore health was fine. Went to run Womble again but same issue occured. Have some more info I am sending you in a PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Womble was gone much earlier than 2019.

It was on auto-pilot as far back as 2013. Most of the software had issues starting with Windows 8, and those were never fixed.

As far as Windows 10 issues, did you run the software in a compatibility mode?
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    You should check your system.

I like your frontend gui

The SFC scan found some eorrs and repaired them. Second scan was clean and restore health was fine. Went to run Womble again but same issue occured. Have some more info I am sending you in a PM
    try temporally disabling your antivirus & firewall software and see if the software will start.
    might also try restarting your computer in safe mode and see if the software will run.
    Quote Quote  
  22. AND THE PROBLEM IS NOW SOLVED!!!!!!

First to LS, Mine started acting a little sketchy overall towards the later half of Windows 7 days. Some days it worked fine and others it didn't.
    The only compatibility mode I always had (well after windows 7) was run as admin.

October262, thanks for the advice, but that was also tried back then and recently as well

Behind the scenes (via PM) ProWo has been working with me. I sent over the event view logs to see if he could have better luck with them than I did.
    ProWo replied with this wonderful bit of information:

Delete this folder, if exists:
    C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\womble
    (where xxx is your username)
    and restart the app

I did indeed have that folder and deleted it. At this point Womble was uninstalled, so first I deleted all my firewall entries for the program. I then reinstalled. Before running, I right clicked on the start menu shortcut and set compatibility to run as Admin like before---And BOOM the program loaded up just like it used to. It was such a wonderful thing to see. I couldn't believe it!I then threw in some recent encoded files which it usually didn't like and it worked perfectly.

So thanks to everyone who offered advice and especially to ProWo for the extra help, I would still be dead in the water without which.

If anyone else is having a similar issue try what I did and see if it fixes things for you

I am also still convinced the MS updates corrupted something that set this all in motion. Too close in time to call it coincidental
    Quote Quote  
  23. Glad to hear it worked.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Apropos of nothing, but isn't it interesting how even just one fairly innocuous sentence can turn you off of someone . . . ? (Probably like this last one?)

I've had good results with Revo Uninstaller in the past when the standard uninstall option was leaving loads of files and registry entries behind. (Not linked to ther company or anyone who works for them.)

Anyway, glad you're up and running again. Well done, ProWo!
    "Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AND THE PROBLEM IS NOW SOLVED!!!!!!

First to LS, Mine started acting a little sketchy overall towards the later half of Windows 7 days. Some days it worked fine and others it didn't.
    The only compatibility mode I always had (well after windows 7) was run as admin.

October262, thanks for the advice, but that was also tried back then and recently as well

Behind the scenes (via PM) ProWo has been working with me. I sent over the event view logs to see if he could have better luck with them than I did.
    ProWo replied with this wonderful bit of information:

Delete this folder, if exists:
    and restart the app

I did indeed have that folder and deleted it. At this point Womble was uninstalled, so first I deleted all my firewall entries for the program. I then reinstalled. Before running, I right clicked on the start menu shortcut and set compatibility to run as Admin like before---And BOOM the program loaded up just like it used to. It was such a wonderful thing to see. I couldn't believe it!I then threw in some recent encoded files which it usually didn't like and it worked perfectly.

So thanks to everyone who offered advice and especially to ProWo for the extra help, I would still be dead in the water without which.

If anyone else is having a similar issue try what I did and see if it fixes things for you

I am also still convinced the MS updates corrupted something that set this all in motion. Too close in time to call it coincidental
    It's a shame that a good program ended like this.
    Worked fine for me until today, but now I couldn't run a video for more than 2 minutes 30 seconds, then it always went back to the beginning.
    In the summer of 2023, it still worked well.
    I tried to find the reason, but the solution was found here.
    Prowo's advice fixed the problem.
    "Delete this folder, if exists:
    and restart the app"

Thanks to Prowo and mazinz for posting the info.
    Now I can process the video from my relative's 90th birthday.
    English is not my best, so I used Google translate, hopefully the text was understandable.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jussikoko View Post
    hopefully the text was understandable.
    It was.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  27. Womble made a terrific program. Beyond its editing and exporting functions I appreciate the Title Plate aspect.
    Quote Quote