VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    considering either Sony AX53 or Canon G40 for airshow (prop aircraft ) filming in flight from the ground on shutter priority and exposure compensation. Now a dslr would require +3 comp, the G40 has -3 to +3 exp comp available, Sony v odd just -1 0 +1, no good for anything be it snow or sand or sky unless in the world of camcorders (or just theirs) thats enough for the brightness of the sky to ensure aircraft correctly exposed.
    So why the apparent hardly worth having exp comp range or is it equivalent to dslr -3 0 +3 ?

and why do other camcorders have -3 0 +3 ?

DBenz
    Quote Quote  
  2. Exposure is one of the front ring options on the AX53. It has a range of many stops. Never measured it or looked it up, but I've always been able to nail the exposure.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, whilst exposure is a combination of shutter and aperture, and I will be filming on 1/50 sec, has it a suitable aperture for sunlight when on this shutter speed ?

The key thing I also need to know is that Exposure Compensation, can you set yours to 1/50 and let me know what aperture it is choosing for a sunlit scene, grass etc, then aim it at the sky with white clouds and chimney or something, and dial in the exposure compensation that it offers, a max of +1 from what I see, and tell me if the chimney is the same appearance as when filmed with mostly ground in the shot.
    Better still take two photos, show those.

DBenz
    Quote Quote