VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. What is the correct version of Nero AAC Decoder I need ? It would be much easier if I can just somehow convert this AAC to AC3 without losing anything but I don't think thats possible
    Last edited by TheRandomOne; 3rd Jan 2018 at 22:49.
    Quote Quote  
  2. But I have no idea what to do after that ? AudioMuxer still does not detect it
    Quote Quote  
  3. Can you show the error message? I don't use AudioMuxer myself.

That said I misremembered. eac3to does use the files I linked for AAC encoding, not decoding. The Nero thing for decoding is a bit more complicated: https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1801808&postcount=14184
    (Assuming AudioMuxer tries to use eac3to for that job at all - I don't know.)

IMHO using eac3to for AAC decoding is too complicated because of that. I would use a different software for AAC decoding (e.g. ffmpeg or a GUI like Xmedia Recode. You can set video to copy and audio to AC3).
    Quote Quote  
  4. What I am trying to do is extract multi channel waves from 6 / 8 channel AAC. AudioMuxer for me seems like it would be easiest. Im really bad with Command Line stuff. If I could just convert AAC to AC3 & keep everything that would be easier but this task (simply converting) is not easy at all it seems
    Quote Quote  

5. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. https://image.ibb.co/nfsZcR/Screenshot_55.png

What I am trying to do is extract multi channel waves from 6 / 8 channel AAC. AudioMuxer for me seems like it would be easiest. Im really bad with Command Line stuff. If I could just convert AAC to AC3 & keep everything that would be easier but this task (simply converting) is not easy at all it seems
    Quote Quote  
  7. NeroAacDec can only open AAC audio in an mp4 container (in mp4 container elements are often called "boxes"). So it won't work this way.

Try a different tool. (e.g. Xmedia Recode. Open the file, choose format "AC3" or "WAV", add job to queue and start.)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Xmedia Recode makes me convert the audio therefore I lose the multi channels no copy option
    Quote Quote  
  9. If you go to the "Audio" tab you can select 5.1 channels.

But it seems Xmedia doesn't expose the 7.1 option. I didn't know this. But if your end goal is AC3 it doesn't matter because AC3 doesn't support more than 5.1 channels.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Ah so yep if I can get Audio Muxer working than I can just extract right from the AAC
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!