VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Is it possible for VOB2MPG to convert and merge two sides of a DVD flipper disc seamleslly? I ripped both sides separately to the hard drive. It seems you can only load one IFO at a time or maybe I missed something.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I've seen and tried that already, that's using VOBEDIT and IFOEDIT on VOBs and IFOs, adjusting VTS sectors, and whatnot. Complicated, and the results were out of whack.

I'm looking for a way to do it with VOB2MPG

Appreciate your efforts, though.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Joey9 View Post
    Complicated, and the results were out of whack.
    You did it wrong.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Maybe I didn't make myself clear.

I'm looking for a way to do it with VOB2MPG.

If it can't be done, that's allright, let me know. I'll look for a different way of doing it without VOB2MPG.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I don't know if VOB2MPEG looks at the IFO of a DVD or looks at the sequential numbers of VOB files on a disc....but either way you are going to need to fool VOB2MPEG into doing what you want. To any software....that is two separate DVDs. You may want to rationally look at the link I gave you to get an idea what I'm talking about. I thought the guide itself would help you understand what you need to do and what is involved in the process....but I guess I was sadly mistaken.
    Start by renaming the second side's VOB files to run sequentially after the first side's set of VOB files.....delete everything else from the folder....and see if you can fool VOB2MPEG into thinking it is one DVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I found an alternate way of doing it. I ripped each side to the hard drive with CloneDVD. Then I used Handbrake to convert each side to h.264/AC-3 5.1/MKV (using the exact same settings). Then I used MKVmerge GUI, appending each stream, and muxed into a new MKV container. The results were flawless; excellent quality, with video, audio, and subtitles seamless and in perfect sync.

Appreciate you trying to help me with this.

Best regards,

Joey
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It can be done with VOB2MPG if you are still interested....
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote