VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Soft Drink

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mkelley
    Dr. Pepper certainly should have been on this list.
    Yes, I remember "Dr Pepper" and enjoyed the alternative coke. Its got a very nice flavour in the soft drink. I only bought it once or twice when Coca Cola wasn't available.

Another, I do find KFC rather annoying on the soft drink issue with the food. They are bias with soft drink brands and no choice to the customer as they only sell pepsi.

I remember requesting coffee as a substitute at KFC and I was successful in doing so.

I 'd rather have coffee and then Coca Cola as a drink.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know this is a stupid question. Is Crystal Pepsi still available anywhere in the US? I seriously would pay someone to ship that stuff to me.

Anyway, Dr. Pepper is the best coke that you can buy anywhere. Can't get enough of that stuff.

-Epi
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Pepsi no longer manufactures Pepsi Clear, but here are some links.

http://www.spudart.org/pepsiclear/
    http://newshound.de.siu.edu/online/stories/storyReader$4529
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't mind the Mt Dew LIve Wire. Tastes like a weaker less syrupy version of Sunkist with the added caffeine boost. Amp is pretty tasty as well. Can't do the Coke thing and Pepsi is ok now and then. Big Red is good too as is Goya's Jamaican Ginger Beer, tastes like ginger Altoids.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    on the ginger train...

Blenheim Ginger Ale. I've only had it a few times when people brought it back north from Florida, but man, that stuff rocks.

Natural Brew Outrageous Ginger Ale is a close second, and readily available in Minneapolis, so I'm okay for now... but man, that Blenheim has a burn all it's own...
    - housepig
    ----------------
    Housepig Records
    out now:
    Various Artists "Six Doors"
    Unicorn "Playing With Light"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tab is still made and sold.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by rhegedus
    http://www.00fun.com/interestingfacts.shtml

To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coke into the toilet. Let it sit for one hour, then flush clean.

To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coke.

To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coke over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coke to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coke into the baking pan; wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coke will help loosen grease stains.

It will also clean road haze from your windshield!

In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

There was a competition in Delhi University: "Who can drink the most Coke?". The winner drank 8 bottles and died on the spot because he had too much carbon dioxide in the blood and not enough oxygen. YIKES!

If you put a broken tooth in a bottle of Pepsi, in 10 days it will fully dissolve!

Regeards,

Rob
    I believe that was dispeled as a hoax if I am not mistaken. Something about using a soda chock full of corn syrup as a degreaser. IT would just get all sticky and if you live in the south, Florida especially it will be covered in ants in seconds.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    But if it is being used as a degeaser, wouldn't you spray it off before it gets sticky?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Soul sucking suburbia! But a different part since I last logged on.
    Search Comp PM
    I believe I once found mention of it (coca cola) being promoted at a plant science symposium as an ideal soil analytical tool when searching for references for my degree paper. Numerous sciencey type benefits listed in it, as well as it having a cheap and plentiful supply that didnt necessarily - for the purposes of the analysis - need refridgeration, though that "may aid in disposal of excess and unused solution"

Never did figure out whether it was a bit of sly marketing with the presenting scientist being a coke "plant".. interesting idea though.

Ahhh, Irn Bru... MADE IN SCOTLAND, FROM GIRDERS! I'll have to hunt that down - it's kicks Tizer and Dr Pepper's arse (and makes a great vodka mixer, as several premix alcopop companies have found).
    -= She sez there's ants in the carpet, dirty little monsters! =-
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just got back from the Coca Cola Museum in Atlanta Georgia

Amazing stuff there!
    Did you know Coke was originally a brain tonic back in the 1800's! And that it was marketed to cure headaches, dizziness and fatigue!

How about the fact that people tried to imitate the bottles so the coke company patented their design to prevent others from trying to copy the bottle (since the drink was so successful)

It’s estimated that today 20,000 coke drinks (just the coca cola one, not sprite or any of the others) are sold every SECOND!

They have sold an estimated 7 trillion drinks since 1860!

And they make this soda for Italy that’s called bitter something (cant remember) but its the most disgusting drink i have ever tasted in my life

I equate its flavor to a mix between Triaminic yellow cough syrup and urine!

hahahaha
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I equate its flavor to a mix between Triaminic yellow cough syrup and urine!
    remind me to double-check the bottles if I mix drinks at your bar....
    - housepig
    ----------------
    Housepig Records
    out now:
    Various Artists "Six Doors"
    Unicorn "Playing With Light"
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Diet Pepsi. Coke had a shot at the title, but would not divest from South Africa. And I-on-s, if I could get Faygo in Italy, then my #1 choice would be Rock and Rye.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Anyone have a Soda Stream, used to make your own fizzy drinks. We had them here in the UK in the early 80's. I guess back then carbonated drinks were relatively expensive so this guy came up with the idea of supplying different flavour syrups and carbonating them yourselves using the soda stream. They sold millions over here and made the inventor a very rich man, only problem was the drinks tasted like shite (not literally).

Get busy with the fizzy, Soda Stream.
    Quote Quote  
  14. The top five soft drinks has to be;

1. Cherry Tango
    2. IRN BRU
    3. Dandelion and Burdock
    4. Tizer
    5. Dr Pepper

Coke and Pepsi taste quite bland and quite similar. Cherry Coke is good though but Cherry Tango is the dogs.

Why were none of those five on the list and where was Lilt?

I had a Soda Stream, I thought they were great! Till the gas ran out, which used to happen quite frequently. Then you jad to go out and buy another or drink flat syrup like drinks. Whatever happened to Soda Streams?
    Quote Quote  
  15. sprite remix is good.....vinilla coke is beter though. did you know that snapple makes u have to pee? i drink like 4 bottles of snapple a day and i have to pee soo badly like 10 times in 2 hours....its crazy......
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    We had soda-streams in australia for a long time- but now you can't seem to get them. Like they have disappeared off the face of the planet (or coastal queensland at least)
    Quote Quote  
  17. Pepsi poured over vanilla ice cream is the best.
    Also loved the Crystal Pepsi and wish it would return.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by pablo180
    Whatever happened to Soda Streams?
    I had not seen one for years and years, but I was in Wilkinsons in Swindon a couple of days ago and they are actually selling them in there. I could no believe it, I thought they has died out a long time ago.
    Quote Quote