VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am trying to download a video from facebook with youtube dl. I get cannot parse data.is there any other program that will get it? Don't see anything in network

i logged into facebook at the command line. Warning it shows animal cruelty. I want to keep it as i am researching the story . I would not include it but someone may ask for it to investigate. https://www.facebook.com/aneta.kopec.7/videos/10216426790091615/
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can get the url from a web browser's Developer Tools (F12) then use youtube-dl to download it:

Code:
    youtube-dl https://video-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.9040-2/10000000_597602553947668_5939880108977291264_n.mp4?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJybHIiOjM2OTksInJsYSI6NDA5NiwidmVuY29kZV90YWciOiJzdmVfaGQifQ%3D%3D&vabr=2466&oh=5b690419c0321e4011f64cc40a96782e&oe=5B072CE1
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You can get the url from a web browser's Developer Tools (F12) then use youtube-dl to download it:

Code:
    youtube-dl https://video-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.9040-2/10000000_597602553947668_5939880108977291264_n.mp4?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJybHIiOjM2OTksInJsYSI6NDA5NiwidmVuY29kZV90YWciOiJzdmVfaGQifQ%3D%3D&vabr=2466&oh=5b690419c0321e4011f64cc40a96782e&oe=5B072CE1
    Thanks I got it but I do not see your link in Developer's Tools. Have you Firefox?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I used firefox. It's on the Network tab of Developer Tools, along with dozens of other links. Open Developer tools, reload the page and start playing the video. Look through the network traffic for the URL. Type mp4 into the search box near the top right to show only links with mp4 in them.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I used firefox. It's on the Network tab of Developer Tools, along with dozens of other links. Open Developer tools, reload the page and start playing the video. Look through the network traffic for the URL. Type mp4 into the search box near the top right to show only links with mp4 in them.
    This must be my error. Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  6. It can be hard to find one URL out of the dozens you may see in Developer Tools. For other videos, keep in mind that you aren't always looking for an MP4 file. Most often you want an m3u8 or mpd link. Sometimes a ts file.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    It can be hard to find one URL out of the dozens you may see in Developer Tools. For other videos, keep in mind that you aren't always looking for an MP4 file. Most often you want an m3u8 or mpd link. Sometimes a ts file.
    The video has been taken down but i got it in time. It is available elsewhere. I looked at the elsewhere link as you said, put in mp4 in search in developer tools and got loads of mp4 links? How to tell which one or join them? I also have had this issue with ts files, getting lots of small files with apparentl;y a little bit of video ineach
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by David Banner View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    It can be hard to find one URL out of the dozens you may see in Developer Tools. For other videos, keep in mind that you aren't always looking for an MP4 file. Most often you want an m3u8 or mpd link. Sometimes a ts file.
    The video has been taken down but i got it in time. It is available elsewhere. I looked at the elsewhere link as you said, put in mp4 in search in developer tools and got loads of mp4 links? How to tell which one or join them?
    Sometimes you can tell which is the video because it remains open while the video is playing. Otherwise you just have to try each.

Originally Posted by David Banner View Post
    I also have had this issue with ts files, getting lots of small files with apparentl;y a little bit of video ineach
    In those cases you want to look for the m3u8 or mpd link -- those files contain the list of ts segments that youtube-dl will use to download and remux the video.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    The video has been taken down but i got it in time. It is available elsewhere. I looked at the elsewhere link as you said, put in mp4 in search in developer tools and got loads of mp4 links? How to tell which one or join them?
    Sometimes you can tell which is the video because it remains open while the video is playing. Otherwise you just have to try each.

I also have had this issue with ts files, getting lots of small files with apparentl;y a little bit of video ineach
    In those cases you want to look for the m3u8 or mpd link -- those files contain the list of ts segments that youtube-dl will use to download and remux the video.
    OK I will look for that

In those cases you want to look for the m3u8 or mpd link -- those files contain the list of ts segments that youtube-dl will use to download and remux the video
    Ok I knew of m3u8 but not mpd
    Quote Quote  
  10. I used Firefox network developer tools and played the video (when it was still available) and couldn't find any mp4 (I typed mp4 in the filter box) that started with
    video-lga3-1...
    as Jababo did. The links all started with something else. I don't remember now the details. However, I got the video with Tubedigger no problem, but I already deleted it. I'm not sure why the video was so quickly deleted from Facebook.
    Last edited by jimdagys; 25th May 2018 at 12:33.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by jimdagys View Post
    I used Firefox network developer tools and played the video (when it was still available) and couldn't find any mp4 (I typed mp4 in the filter box) that started with
    video-lga3-1...
    as Jababo did. The links all started with something else. I don't remember now the details. However, I got the video with Tubedigger no problem, but I already deleted it. I'm not sure why the video was so quickly deleted from Facebook.
    I couldn't find it either. I then found the video at another link a newspaper and found an m3u8 link but it did not work until i added --force-generic-extractor which I found https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/383287-Need-help-downloading-videos-from-extremely...te#post2483649 which is your post I think
    Quote Quote  
  12. I looked at several other videos from facebook and saw mp4 links for all of them. Maybe it's something about the way I have Firefox or my computer set up. I have many ad servers blocked by my hosts file, only a few sites are allowed to run javascript and use cookies, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I looked at several other videos from facebook and saw mp4 links for all of them. Maybe it's something about the way I have Firefox or my computer set up. I have many ad servers blocked by my hosts file, only a few sites are allowed to run javascript and use cookies, etc.
    Me too and i have third party cookies turned off and use self destrcuting cookies. Would blocking cookies stop the url appearing?
    Quote Quote  
  14. This works at the moment
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-09-11_12-17-34.png
Views:	1373
Size:	639.1 KB
ID:	46704
    Last edited by esoul; 11th Sep 2018 at 05:18.
    Quote Quote