VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello

I would like to ask about some help with a problem im having.
    I cant find a way to Embedd / Hardcode subs in a mkv movie.

I have tried handbrake BUT then i have to Transcode the movie and i DONT want that.
    I like the video to be be untouched.
    Does anybody know a way to do this?

Thanks alot for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hardcoding requires a reencode and degradation of the video. You don't want that. You don't want to use Handbrake at all. To embed subs use the MKVMerge portion of MKVToolNix.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks
    I have MKVToolNix but where do i find the mkvmerge in that tool?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Assuming you have the latest version of MKVToolNix when you run it that is the program you need. The actual mkvmerge is mkvtoolnix-gui.exe or the command line version mkvmerge.exe
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ok but i cant find a way to enmbedd subs, there is an forced option but that wont "burn" the subs in the movie
    Quote Quote  
  6. To clarify i DONT want to add a sub file i want to "burn" the forced subs so they allways show in any player.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kristian65 View Post
    Ok but i cant find a way to enmbedd subs, there is an forced option but that wont "burn" the subs in the movie
    There is no way to "burn" the subs in unless you re-encode the whole thing
    Quote Quote  
  8. OK thanks for the help, i thought maybe its possible to keep the same bitrate and "burn" subs into a movie
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Burning in means altering the video so that the subs become part of the video so re-encoding will take place. If you add the subs to the MKV and marked them as default and forced most media players that will handle MKV file should show the subs but of course there is always the exception...
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks for your answeer i will do that.
    Quote Quote