VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I have made some VCDs using VCDEasy. It works on my computer fine but on the TV the images are all distorted. I've made VCDs using Ulead DVD picture Show and Nero 5.5 which plays fine on my DVD player to the TV. So I don't think it's the DVD player. I have an Aiwa DVD XD DV480 player.

Any help on why I'm having problems with VCDEasy would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Just to let others know, I installed the latest Beta file and this has solved the problem.

Kiwi Kid
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Kiwi Kid
    Hi,
    I have made some VCDs using VCDEasy. It works on my computer fine but on the TV the images are all distorted. I've made VCDs using Ulead DVD picture Show and Nero 5.5 which plays fine on my DVD player to the TV. So I don't think it's the DVD player. I have an Aiwa DVD XD DV480 player.

Any help on why I'm having problems with VCDEasy would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    I had a similar problem with an Apex 600A. It played, but timings were off, very intermitant remote and played perhaps every 10 th. picture. Newer file was BETTER but timing still is an issue but is not with the Ulead or Picture to TV. I don't understand the difference.

Larry Elie
    Quote Quote  
  4. Do a rip of one working and one non working VideoCDs and compare the ripped XML files to see if their are some obvious differences in the options... It may help...

You can also try to author a VideoCD using VCDEasy with the MPEG files ripped from a working videocd... to see if it is an encoding problem...
    delphi.stuff, VCDEasy author
    http://www.vcdeasy.org
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had a simular problem using VCDEasy 1.1.1 and Nero 5.5.9.9

It looked like Nero was constantly running out of buffer data when burning the cue/bin file so the Burnproof kicked in on my Lite-On burner.
    You would expect this to have no influence on the resulting disc, but again the real world seems different:

The resulting VCD would play FINE on my Toshiba DVD player, but when I used it on my PC and played back with Roxio's VCD_play.exe (a little stand alone program I include on the disc to always have player software at hands) I would get an error.

So I installed the ASPI drivers and burned the same disc with VCDeasy using the CDRDAO functions, and then there was no problem at all....

Although this COULD be caused by the slow burning speed too (4x), didn't try higher speeds.......why would I !

Will switch to 1.1.2 soon (needed to do a project and I never switch software versions when things work fine during a project )
    Quote Quote