VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. There have been too many questions on this and too many different answers.
    If there is one tutorial here that described a proven method, it would be great.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What I have done is use Sefy's Newbie guide to do the rip up to the point of doing the encoding in TMPGEnc. Load the configuration of the file type you wish to create, ie. VCDNTSC VCDPAL. Now click on the configure button and choose the advanced tab. In here set the Source Aspect Ratio to 16x9 and then set the Image Positioning method to Fit To Frame (Preserve Aspect Ratio). Then click on the Okay Button and preview the file. You should see the black bars that will let you know you have letterboxed your 16x9 movie so if fits on your tv.

Email me if you have any questions.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Doesnt sefys guide mention that?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Not anywhere that I noticed.
    Quote Quote  
  5. That's my point. I knew how to do it already but many others still ask. It would be a great help to include that 16:9 in the Sefy's guide, and that would made it complete.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ktnwin:

There is a site that has an EXCELLENT tutorial on converting DVD's with 16:9 aspect to svcd. I tried all the tutorials on this site (VCDhelp.com) but couldn't get it to work. After searching around I found that tutorial, tried it and it worked flawlessly. I don't remember the name of the site with the good tutorial but I did make a pdf of it. I'll post the name of the site when I get home from work.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is the website that I was talking about:

http://www.dvdripguides.com/dvdmenu.html

The guides are a little more in-depth. Kalel's templates work great too!
    Quote Quote