VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys,
    This is my first post here. I bought Pinnacle Studio 9 plus and hope to use if in the next few days. I have a good knoweldge on how to it works.

I want to make a movie using Chroma Key (picture inside picture), but what I need to know is, if I need to make one of the pictures move in the same way in (Harry Potter, Superman, Aladdin etc.), do you guys think Pinnacle is my correct choice? If Pinnacle doesn't have this facility, which one do you think I should use?

Thanks for your help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do a forum search.
    Chroma key links are there in the previous posts.

Feel free to ask specific questions.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Pinnacle Studio is buggy software, not very good. Something like Premiere or Vegas would have been better for you.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have been reading many many posts in this and other forums and Pinnacle seams to be the best editing package and easy to use among the mid level tool --> just when it works .

Unfortunatelly is extremelly bug and most of people are not using it because the frustation will certainly come.

If you don´t want to go to the big brothers as smurf said, try UVS9 ou Editstudio 5 (ES5 is more advanced).

Good luck!
    superpina.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Plus will likely do what you want, as it does have an overlay track, a chromakeyer and picture in picture plugin.

You're not too specific on exactly what you want to to do. Lack of keyframing may be an issue if you want to animate the overlay. You may have to step up to a more advanced editor depending on the complexity of the effects you are attempting to do.

Some users have found the software to be buggy, but that can be said for pretty much any of the budget NLE's out there. I think Studio gets the brunt of criticism simply due to the fact that it has sold MILLIONS of copies...

A well maintained PC is a good start to a satisfying NLE experience with any video editing software.
    cheers!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    Pinnacle Studio is buggy software, not very good. Something like Premiere or Vegas would have been better for you.
    Maybe true, maybe not so true. Comparing Studio to Premier or Vegas is like comparing a Ford to a Porsche. Studio is a consumer level program and what it does, it does well. It does have two video tracks (one primary and one used for titles, PIP, overlays) and two audio tracks. I use Vegas and I also use Studio 9.3.5.10 Plus. If I need some complex keyframing done, I'll do that in Vegas and import into Studio. I also do some things in VirtualDub and import into Studio.
    I use Studio, I like Studio and I recommend Studio. I would also advise you to join the Studio User Board for help and advise using Studio.

Chromakey and PIP are two different things. I've done both in Studio 9 Plus with some very nice results. In fact I love doing chromakey and I do lots of it. Studio 9 Plus will also do Zoom Pan & Scan, and again I've gotten some very nice results with that as well. There are a host of free audio and video plugins available also.

One more thing...I don't capture with Studio. I use Scenalyzer for capturing no matter what NLE I'm using whether it be Studio, Vegas, or Media Studio Pro...doesn't matter. I only use Scenalyzer for capture...period
    Geronimo
    Quote Quote