VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am testing Visual AVCHD Timestamp (aka vATS) and would like to set the date format to match the format on Panasonic camcorders. (Makes sense, right?)

The problem is that all of the date options have the day of the week included ("Monday"), and this info is not on typical date stamps. The custom option does not offer any suggestions or design assist, and my attempts to use a string from C+ do not work. In fact, it crashes the program.

I am not a C+ programmer, I just looked it up and tried various options, which crashed the app.

Any help from anyone, but especially the app creator, would be appreciated. I like this app a lot, but would like it to look similar to my other AVCHD files.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    One quick question... The time date in the camcorder video does NOT include the day of the week correct? Visual AVCHD Timestamp is adding it correct?

What version are you using of Visual AVCHD Timestamp? Version 3.5.0 shows choices without day of the week.

[Attachment 43958 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  3. I solved the problem. After trying dozens of searches for date stamp string code etc., I finally googled "%#x all date stamp string codes" and that took me to a page with the info I needed.

This page. http://www.dts8888.com/vATS/Help/format.htm

It is actually a page from the help files of the vATS software, but not a page that was shown to me when I clicked the help button. I suggest that the writer change the topic title from "Custom Format Dialogue," To "Custom Time/Date."

I feel lucky to have found this page. There are a lot of people using time and date strings in a variety of applications, and their conversations dominate the search results, but most of them do not work with vATS.

At any rate (say, about 1,730,000 results in 0.66 seconds?) the format I was trying to imitate is abbreviated month, date, year, without a day of the week. I got that by inserting the following in the custom date string box:

%b %d %Y

And I also checked the Uppercase box in the font control window. That gave me: "DEC 04 2017". Fiddling with the font, size and brightness eventually gave me a pretty darn good match to what I get on a Panasonic HMC150.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vACS String.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	43980Click image for larger version

Name:	vACS font.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	303.2 KB
ID:	43981

-Hjourzt
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The 'Custom' choice under 'Date Stamp' which, when clicked, brings up 'Custom Format' as in 'Date Stamp Custom Format'. If you click this help button it explains the settings. I agree they don't quite work like you'd expect but with a little trial and error it explains pretty well.

[Attachment 43982 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote