VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Anybody have any recommendations for Bluetooth mics that are Linux/Ubuntu compatable?

Nothing serious, just hobby fun. Cheaper the better.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Assuming you're using ubuntu ... which is about as good as it gets with hardware recognition ... I've found the best way to find this stuff is on ubuntuforums.org or askubuntu.com. There are a lot more linux users who are multimedia users there than the reverse here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Hoser Rob View Post
    I've found the best way to find this stuff is on ubuntuforums.org
    I'm registered on Ubuntu Forums.

I usually go there to get ten answers, none of which pertaining to whatever question I'm asking.

...and then I get infracted for pointing out that using the spelling of "Micro$oft" hasn't been funny since Windows came on floppies.

Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    Originally Posted by Hoser Rob View Post
    I've found the best way to find this stuff is on ubuntuforums.org
    I'm registered on Ubuntu Forums.

I usually go there to get ten answers, none of which pertaining to whatever question I'm asking.

...and then I get infracted for pointing out that using the spelling of "Micro$oft" hasn't been funny since Windows came on floppies.

Then you don't know how to ask the question. That, admittedly, can take a little while for noobs.

Ubuntu has the best tech support for linux. Period. I know for a fact that there are linux distros whose tech support costs money and it isn't as good as ubuntu.

Their forum is actually pretty well behaved. If you're not satisfied with it try another linux distro and see what you think of their support. Just who's being the dick here, I wonder?

You may have better luck searching askubuntu.com. They have a reputation and ranking system there based upon user votes and members are ranked. They'll close topics when all the answers are uninformed.

Which brings up the other thing about ubuntuforums. It's easy to think that users with a lot of forum entries ('beans') are knowledgeable. Not true. I've seen users there with over 1000 beans who don't really know what they're talking about. And users with 15 beans who are clearly experts in linux.

Actually, there has been an influx of XP refugees on ubuntuforums. And unfortunately that means dumbasses who've been using linux for a grand total of 2 weeks are gleefully handing out stupid advice that'll possibly bork the OP's system. And other noobs can't tell the difference.

There are things about ubuntu I don't like. But their tech support on the forum and askubuntu is second to none. Which is why it's the only distro I'd recommend to noobs. Maybe you're the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Calm down, slappy.
    I've been solely using Linux distros for my workstations since the 2.4 kernel. I know my way around *nix-land.

I was just making a "gentle" aside towards the Ubuntu Forums, which I've been registered with since 2008. Loosen up, Milton.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!