VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just updated from v 43. First, the update fails on the GUI file and I had to uninstall, reboot and delete the file, then install the new version. That was really annoying. When I run it the GUI is larger than my screen resolution and I have to scroll down to see the "Add File", etc, where the previous version fit on my screen (1920 x 1080) . That's the max I can do and I wouldn't want a higher resolution because it would be too difficult to read. I couldn't find a setting for the GUI to fit to screen size. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    I have just replaced v. 40.0.0.14 with the most recent one (v. 45.0.0.1) and haven't found the issue that you described

FWIW: my OS is Windows 7 64-bits, I don't use MKVtoolnix's installer, I never let the application update itself automagically and I always use the file mkvtoolnix-gui.ini so that MKVtoolnix never messes with the Windows registry
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 6th Apr 2020 at 11:22. Reason: edit
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.
    I went back to V 43, I played around with V 45 and it didn't instill a lot of confidence.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can change display properties in Preferences (Ctrl+P), and then in GUI: font size, and scaling for high DPI.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by noemi7 View Post
    You can change display properties in Preferences (Ctrl+P), and then in GUI: font size, and scaling for high DPI.
    I think I tried the scaling for high DPI and it didn't seem to make a difference.
    Maybe I'll try it on another PC, but I re-installed V 43 on my main video workhorse.
    Quote Quote  
  6. checked, and it works after restarting gui
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I noticed the GUI stays active in the process task list after you close it. This is why I had difficulty with the update install.
    You can't kill the process.
    I'll try v 45 again soon, I think the default font size is set too large (13). where V 43 is (9).
    Oh well...
    Quote Quote