VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Is it possible to get the exact command line used when FFmpeg Batch calls FFmpeg(.exe) ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. add -report to the commandline. A verbose log file should be printed. When I tested it, it was located in the portable directory, because that's the version I was testing
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No dice. There's a problem with how FFmpeg Batch is handling the "-report" flag.

When tried running it on the "try on console" button it says:
    "Failed to open report "ffmpeg-20210513-230144.log": Permission denied
    Last message repeated 1 times
    Failed to set value '1' for option 'report': Permission denied
    Error parsing global options: Permission denied"

However, using "-report" works fine running my own equivalent 2-pass batch commands which produces 2 log files. Why should FBAC choke only on this flag yet work as expected for other processing controls flags such as "-y -hide_banner -loglevel warning -stats" ? Seems fishy.
    Quote Quote  
  4. It might be that program is still open or accessing the log. Try closing. I never had to, but I was using "Portable" version

It might be that you have it in a c: directory location, and you aren't running with elevated permissions or as administrator . I'm running as admin, but I never had location issues, because my "portable" location was on a different (non system) drive
    Quote Quote  
  5. In the settings, I see there is a box "save more verbose log" . You can try checkmarking that and see what it does

It looks like there is a support thread here too, you can also try posting there
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/386028-FFmpeg-Batch-for-Windows
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I've already have the option checkbox "save more verbose log" checked. The problem is that no logs are written at all.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by pascor View Post
    I've already have the option checkbox "save more verbose log" checked. The problem is that no logs are written at all.
    Are you using the "installed" version ?

That sounds like a permissions issue, such as writing to system drive ("permission denied")

Try running as administrator. If that doesn't work, try portable version, run from non system drive
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, running the program as elevated solved the problem, BUT, this should not be necessary ! It writes the processing output files without elevated privilege, why not everything else, too ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. For me, it wrote the log file in the application root directory , not the directory of input or output files. If the application directory is in c: , then you'd need additional permissions.
    Quote Quote