VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My issue with ch. 9 recordings on Windows started about a fortnight ago.

I use (and LOVE) DV-Scheduler with 4 tuners.

Regardless of which tuner I use, instead of one .ts file, I get more than one e.g. a movie may yield seven files.

I can join them all with Video Re Do, but what the heck is happening. Only ch 9 is doing it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    so strange. i am also having this issue. i was thinking disk issue until i noticed it only seemed to be ch. 9. im in melbourne, if you are too, maybe reception issues?

whatever it is at least im not crazy.

please post back if you find anything, as will i.

(ps, also using dv scheduler, with a hauppauge dual tuner card)

edit: forgot to mention my .ts files are strangely all nearly 22 mins each, do you see this weirdness also?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not happening on my Beyonwiz PVR V2
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hayboy View Post
    so strange. i am also having this issue. i was thinking disk issue until i noticed it only seemed to be ch. 9. im in melbourne, if you are too, maybe reception issues?

whatever it is at least im not crazy.

please post back if you find anything, as will i.

(ps, also using dv scheduler, with a hauppauge dual tuner card)

edit: forgot to mention my .ts files are strangely all nearly 22 mins each, do you see this weirdness also?
    I have FOUND AND TESTED A SOLUTION. iN DVScheduler you can go to "System Config" and set "Continue on change in PIDs" to Yes. This will keep the recording to one file.
    This may mean certain media players won't play the file. I don't know if reception dropouts is the cause.

The first 8 of my files were also nearly 22 mins each too (before the fix). The last was 36 so there's a clue.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    that feature came in version 5.95, and i was running 5.92. have completed the upgrade to 6.05. all settings appear to have stuck, so now onto testing phase.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have just discovered that the time splits depend on whether you span only one or e.g. 3 "shows". That may be complicated by whether you have start and end buffers. I use 10 minutes before and 20 after.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok, i got a clean 1.9GB 1hr 16 Min file of nine afternoon news. im happy. thanks mate.. ur a legend

very interesting what 9 are up to tho, sneakily changing the PID every 22mins. trying to annoy people with custom PVR's or something innocent??
    Quote Quote