VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, last week, I used a few recovery programs to restore my deleted videos while moving some of my files. I was able to retrieve the videos, but what caught my attention was that I came across a series of screenshots of some of my videos, especially those in avi format. They appeared with the recovery program, normally they are not in the drive. All of them are 640x480 in size. I wonder if something like a virus or keylogger took a serial screenshot of my videos? It's not just the whole desktop with video space taken.

I've been using Eset for years and after this incident, I downloaded malwarebyte and scanned it with it, and there is no problem.

I only use gom player and pot player while watching videos. It made me nervous that this only happens with avi files and videos in a certain folder. With this doubt, I scanned that drive with 3 different recovery programs and found the video serial screenshots . It is interesting that it is only in the video area and 640x480 setting, I think it would take the whole screen if there was a keylogger?

I cannot determine their original location. The images I recovered only have 640*480 and kb information. In which folders and location it is not available anywhere. Both the videos and the serial video images I have recovered are available on a spare drive where the system is not installed.

I thought it might be thumbnail, but isn't it necessary to play the video in order to take screenshots of this series of videos? Because progressive screenshots were taken from many times of a video. Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm looking for help from anyone with knowledge on the subject.
    Quote Quote