VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Maybe that "global MeGUI_dary = 817" is a problem in MeGUI?
    I tried that but it still crashes. I'll post in the MeGUI thread at Doom9 in search of an answer.

Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Try mClean instead of SMDegrain.

Cu Selur

Ps.: SCUNet, isn't bad to remove such noise: https://imgsli.com/MTc2NTM4 (but it's probably too slow and would require Vapoursynth)
    Thanks for the idea, I'll check it out.
    Quote Quote  
  2. There's a new build of MeGUI, 2944, and an updated L-SMASH Works, and after updating the script loads without issue. Thanks for everybody's time .
    Last edited by LouieChuckyMerry; 7th May 2023 at 14:14. Reason: More Info
    Quote Quote  
  3. First to downscale the jpsdr's plugins and in 2023 the test AVS+ cores have special kernels resizers with adjustable 'sharpness/look/makeup'. It is SinPowResize(MT) - p-param to adjust sharpness and UserDefined2(MT) b,c,s params to adjust. So may be no more required to use 'static image' resizer kernel like Spline + sharpener (also single pass frame processing with resampler only may be faster).

About degrain in larger size: The mvtools (2.7.45 and post-2.7.45 partially) have not enough precision for fetching UV planes blocks for subsampled chroma formats. Latest fixes in post-2.7.45 builds only center the error but not completely fix. To use best precision user need to convert to 4:4:4 format before processing. So degrain in larger size (2x) act as additional pel_x2 multiplier and helps to create less distorted result decreasing spatial fetching error by half.

Though depending on real content details/sharpness and block size it may be or may not be better in motion search quality. Because typically 4K footage may be simply soft filmscan and small block size search may have less details to reference and produce more long striked MVs. It may be also better to use half sized frame to MAnalyse and to perform MDegrain denosie in original 4K size after MScaleVect/+ optional MRecalculate). All depend on footage sharpness and noise levels.
    Quote Quote