VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    "The XBox will not and won't read CDRs period. They made it this way to avoid piracy. "

ROTFLMAO... Havent ALL console that take CDs not meant to read CDRs? Take for instance the DC... GDROMs, that stood up well didnt it? Like Sony designed the PS2 to be able to read CDRs as well? I dont think so. I bet that the Xbox will be "force fed" CDRs at some point in the future... like every other single console. Even recorded DVD's at some point! If it takes a hardware mod then thats what it takes to do it, whatever the price of modding it, it will be viable because the games are so damned expensive. If it costs like $50 to mod.. or even $100, then with like 2 or 3 copies then you have recovered your initial outlay. Pirating makes sense, it is big buisiness and the Xbox will be no obstacle for it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I personally like the PS2 over the XBOX. I happened to see a demostration of the Xbox and some of the game demos, I was not impressed. The anti-alias filtering made most of the games look blurred. The graphics of one the football games looked very bad, mainly because the figures were distorted. EA sports Madden on the PS2 looked better.

I was planning to buy the Xbox but after seeing the games I was really dissapointed. I now that the Xbox's power is beyond any game system that is presently available, but power doesn't make a console great, the games do.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Vejita-sama, just alittle correction on your statement about the DC

"All the DC had is Soul Calibur."

There were also a few other "minor" games that may be a "little" popular

Marvel vs Capcom 2 (and also 1)
    Capcom vs SNK 2 (and also 1)
    SF3 3rd strike
    Guilty Gear X

Not mentioning the fact that these titles appeared very soon after coming out in arcades. (thought I must admit that you have to import most of them, as I live in Aus.)

Quote Quote  
  4. ok... i absolutly hate when a game system comes out, then a few months later it is obsolete... they quit makin games for it... (sega 32x... lol.. or complete worst... virtual boy!!)... that is why i will by a xbox... someone already posted about how MS will have low prices until they drive out competition... well great, let em do it... that means years of great games. and as for people saying xbox games are gunna suck... DOA3 is the shit!! raw is war will fuckin rule... and ive seen screenshots for mortal kombat 5(i have a soft spot in my heart for rippin a mans spine out in 3D)!! **** it, ill give into the tyrant... MS might be monopolizing bastards... but you know what, they are gunna rule the world, if they dont already, in terms of electronics. i think im the only one on this forum that will say this... I LIKE MICROSOFT!! i look at it like this... "life is one gaint shit sandwitch, sooner or later we all have to take a bite".. if im eatin shit, i at least want it to taste good you might not like the company behind the machine... but in my opinion it is the best console comin out with the best games... so im takin a bite.
    Quote Quote  
  5. DiViNeLeFT, well, all I can tell you is something that i've read in a US Air Force magazine which they notified that they are replacing Unix Servers for Windows NT servers:

"May God Have Mercy On Us All"

Have fun! it's always the good guys that go down first!

Thank god i'm not that good!
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    "ok... i absolutly hate when a game system comes out, then a few months later it is obsolete... they quit makin games for it... (sega 32x... lol.. or complete worst... virtual boy!!)... that is why i will by a xbox... someone already posted about how MS will have low prices until they drive out competition... well great, let em do it... that means years of great games."

Yeah, and just who is your source and I suppose you have some type of "Time Machine". Investing money does NOT always=SUCCESS. People know when something SUCKS. PS2 is great, but the XBOX is nothing but a modified PC with a slower processor and a controller people (including XBOX FANS) cannot stand.

"and as for people saying xbox games are gunna suck... DOA3 is the shit!!"
    Well, that statement could be correct.

"raw is war will fuckin rule..."
    GAMECUBE and PS2 have this game too, big frickin' Deal.

"and ive seen screenshots for mortal kombat 5(i have a soft spot in my heart for rippin a mans spine out in 3D)!! **** it, ill give into the tyrant..."
    Midway who releases mostly exclusive games to the GAMECUBE will have the same version of this game.

"MS might be monopolizing bastards... but you know what, they are gunna rule the world, if they dont already, in terms of electronics."
    Then You wake up. PC yes. Electronics will remain a little dream world.

"i think im the only one on this forum that will say this... I LIKE MICROSOFT!!"

No, you and the some other guy. Now, where did that NERD Bill go?

"i look at it like this... "life is one gaint shit sandwitch, sooner or later we all have to take a bite".. if im eatin shit, i at least want it to taste good you might not like the company behind the machine... but in my opinion it is the best console comin out with the best games... so im takin a bite."

Party on, DUDE. Time to watch like "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Erwin on 2001-10-24 19:32:32 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Erwin on 2001-10-24 19:50:21 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  7. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-10-24 19:29:43, Erwin wrote:
    Yeah, and just who is your source and I suppose you have some type of "Time Machine". Investing money does NOT always=SUCCESS. People know when something SUCKS.
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

people knows when somethin sucks, huh? i guess that is the same reason AOL is #1?!?... lmao!!

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-10-24 19:29:43, Erwin wrote:
    Party on, DUDE. Time to watch like "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey".
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry, i dont understand what anything i said had to do with bill and ted.
    Quote Quote  
  8. The XBOX is like the 3DO I spent $500 for some 8 yrs ago. It died 2 years later, and was a waste!

-hyper
    Quote Quote  
  9. I doubt that consoles systems will do well in the coming years, priced that high, especially if they do not offer easy, cheap, and functional internet mulitplayer ability.

While one may quote PS2's somewhat impressive sales numbers as an example but many of those PS2 sales where made when the people where slightly affluent when the tech stock bubble was still ballooning. People at that time where willing to splurge on gadjets (PDAs,MP3 Players,DVD players,DVDs) that they regularly wouldn't/couldn't.

Now that the U.S. is in a Recession, people are being laid off in large numbers, sales of computers, dvd players have slowed significantly despite price reductions.

It is unlikely that the console market will yield such tremendous sales as in the few years before. These new consoles (PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube) will remain an expensive toy for the rich.

Besides, as Sefy indicated, why would one pay $300+ for a console system when one can buy a similarly priced PC system which can encode mpgs, rip dvds, do homework, play dvd movies, e-mail/websurf, type, design graphics, edit pictures, play Radeon/GeForce enhanced games and do so much more without fear of losing the console wars and losing support.

As for me, an electronics and gaming veteran, the only good thing in gaming to look forward to in the coming months is ... Blizzard's Warcraft 3.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Wow cool, someone that actually thinks like me! i'm not alone!
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.
    Quote Quote  
  11. bbb,

That all makes sense, but you've forgotten that some people, many in fact, LIKE console games.

Also, the US isn't in that deep a recession that it's going to kill off the console industry any time soon. There may be sluggish sales but that should only accelerate the inevitable lowering of price.

In any case, the multinational console industry is hardly completely reliant on the US...

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  12. Unfortunately, the console market is reliant on Japanese and American games sales mostly and both places have a very bad economic situation
    Quote Quote  
  13. "Very bad" is somewhat relative...

Japan is having an all time high unemployment rate of ~5%... If we had an unemployment rate of 5% in Australia most people would be over the moon.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote