VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone
    My old Samsung blu-ray player has died and I am looking to get a new one. I am looking for a 4k player as I also have a new 4k TV.
    I have an extensive collection of Blu-rays and DVDs and that is where my problem starts - with the blu-rays there are no issues but I have several non european region DVDs (I live in Europe). My old player had been hacked easily with the remote. Now the question is - are there any 4k players that are easily hacked for multi-region DVDs?
    I know there are other options - buying a modified multi-region player or simply copying the disc to MKV on a laptop - but if possible I would like to have a “cleaner” solution.
    Any ideas on a 4k player that I can buy?
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Getting a modded player is the "clean" way. Not only are hacks for current players getting rarer and rarer, they can be undone when an update is performed. A modded player is usually done at the firmware/hardware level and immune to change by an update.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Hyped78 View Post
    Hi everyone
    My old Samsung blu-ray player has died and I am looking to get a new one. I am looking for a 4k player as I also have a new 4k TV.
    I have an extensive collection of Blu-rays and DVDs and that is where my problem starts - with the blu-rays there are no issues but I have several non european region DVDs (I live in Europe). My old player had been hacked easily with the remote. Now the question is - are there any 4k players that are easily hacked for multi-region DVDs?
    I know there are other options - buying a modified multi-region player or simply copying the disc to MKV on a laptop - but if possible I would like to have a “cleaner” solution.
    Any ideas on a 4k player that I can buy?
    Thanks!
    this place - https://www.220-electronics.com/region-free-blu-ray-players.html would be your best
    place to get a region free 4K blue ray player.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    this place - https://www.220-electronics.com/region-free-blu-ray-players.html would be your best
    Surely there is a dealer for region-free players in some European country close to the one where Hyped78 lives.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Surely there is a dealer for region-free players in some European country close to the one where Hyped78 lives.
    I live in London
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Amazon.co.uk has them.
    Quote Quote