I recently re-installed my AVerMedia A180 card because I wanted to use it to capture video off of my Sony camcorder. When I play video back and watch it in the AVerTV capture program, I don't see any problems with the video (regardless of whether I use s-video or composite inputs). I don't have any problems when I record the video at the MPEG-1 setting. When I try to capture at the MPEG-2 setting or the "DVD" setting, the video looks fine on the screen until I actually click record. Once I start recording (or capturing the video), I can see all of these short horizontal lines randomly appearing all over the video. Sometimes the lines are translucent, almost clear, and sometimes they have a green tint to them. I'm not sure what's going on, but it only happens when I try to capture above the MPEG-1 setting.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I also notice that my CPU usage is about 70% while I'm not recording and then it drops to about 11% while I'm recording (and then the lines appear). Once I stop recording, the CPU util goes back to about 70% for the AVerTV app and the lines dissappear again. The lines are present in the captured files when I play them back.