VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I Just bought this nice samsung DVD-D530 player to have a region free dvd player only needed to be hacked first. So i first did the hack on here https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/samsung-dvd-d530/11417 . Step 1 and 2 went fine untill it powered back on and i had a message in the left corner 'Tray Error' and now it doesn't work.

I followed the following steps

Part 1 -> Getting to the grid
    ======
    make sure the disc tray is closed
    press buttons below one after each other
    1) Repeat button (not the A-B)
    2) Rewind
    3) Next Chapter
    4) Fast Forward
    5) Previous Chapter
    6) Play
    Take a note of the highlighted numbers (just in case!) in
    case you need to do it all again.

Part 2 -> Change player to region 2.
    ======
    Using the grid make your player into region 2 by
    highlighting the numbers 2,8,19,21,22,24 then PLAY button to
    save settings(this will turn your player off - you need to
    turn it back on by pressing power button

and that's where i am right now
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    since you just bought this new dvd player, it may be possible that the hack no longer works because samsung might of released
    updated firmware for their dvd players and/or removed the hack entirely, as not all dvd players can be made region free.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    That could it yes. Might there a way to reset it?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Docie View Post
    That could it yes. Might there a way to reset it?
    Maybe. However be warned - Sony and Samsung players of all types are THE MOST DIFFICULT in the world to unlock. MOST Sony and Samsung players CANNOT EVER BE UNLOCKED.

You need to understand what I wrote. I'm not writing that to waste my time. I'm writing to warn you that the odds are very high that you will NEVER unlock your player. NEVER. NEVER.

You can search the internet to see if someone has an old version of firmware available and you can try installing it, but it may not allow you to unlock the player. There is some chance that replacing the firmware will brick the player. And some players do not ever allow you to downgrade firmware. But that's what you will have to do if you want to try to unlock it. Samsung does not usually have old firmware available on their company websites, so you will have to find it at some other place, if there is any other place that keeps it around. If you do find an old firmware, I strongly recommend that it be for the same region as your player or you risk bricking your player. To "brick a player" means to destroy it so it no longer works, thus making it into something like a big brick.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hello,
    just wondering if a solution was found I am in the same boat with a dvd-c500 . I bought and it was to be region free but something
    happened and when atempting to reset the player I ended up with a "Disc Tray error" and can not access the number grid as well as the
    tray not delpoying
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by trkmec View Post
    Hello,
    just wondering if a solution was found I am in the same boat with a dvd-c500 . I bought and it was to be region free but something
    happened and when atempting to reset the player I ended up with a "Disc Tray error" and can not access the number grid as well as the
    tray not delpoying
    like i said before the hack might have been released before the player hit store shelves. samsung either
    changed the firmware or done something to prevent the dvd player from being hacked.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    No matter how many times I or others here tell people "If you want region free, do NOT buy Samsung or Sony" people like trkmec refuse to believe it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    No matter how many times I or others here tell people "If you want region free, do NOT buy Samsung or Sony" people like trkmec refuse to believe it.
    Sorry, I do believe you how ever I have 4 of the Samsung DVD-C500 that are region free and work perfectly.
    I just wanted to keep my fleet of players uniform
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    trkmec - Fair enough, but did you even read my post #4 above? For a guy who wants to try to get this working, you do seem to be ignoring the only chance you've got to do this, namely to try to find OLDER firmware and install it if you can.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Someone could please suggest the solution to this issue?
    I got the same problem .......

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pl4y View Post
    Someone could please suggest the solution to this issue?
    I got the same problem .......

thanks
    there may never be a sulotion to getting your dvd player region free.
    Quote Quote  
  12. @ october262

I am asking a solution for the issue with the tray !!
    I already tried to reload the firmare via usb but does not fix the issue.

So, does anyone know how to fix the "tray error" issue?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  13. No help, but the same thing just happened to my Samsung DVD-C500. Wish I would have seen this thread and the warning about Samsung before I went out and bought it today. Have searched the internet high and low, and no answers. Have tried the factory reset, and nothing happens. Thinking there goes $45...
    Quote Quote  
  14. Had same problem was able to fix it.

Open the DVD cover. you will find 2 data wires attached between the DVD drive itself and the mother board. plug out the bigger one. operate the DVD (Dont worry nothing will go wrong).

Now what will happen is the DVD will try to open and close but it will no be able to connect so no more tray error.

Now you can apply the below using your original numbers you noted down. (dont forget to put back the wire that you pulled)

2) Rewind
    3) Next Chapter
    4) Fast Forward
    5) Previous Chapter
    6) Play
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    I am also having the Tray Error message on a E350, I have tried your trick but it doesn't work for me... any other suggestion ?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Xtofoz View Post
    I am also having the Tray Error message on a E350, I have tried your trick but it doesn't work for me... any other suggestion ?
    have you tried contacting the manufacture of the dvd player to see if you could send it in to be fixed ??
    if not , it may be cheaper just to go and buy another one
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Update: after a while and with a bit more attention I managed to get it back to original code using snassar84 post ( I also had the tray Error msg ( likely because the code I was using were not for the E350) , then I used the following 1. Make sure there is no disc in the player.
    2. Turn on the player
    3. wait for no disc to appear on TV
    4. Press the repeat button (plain not A-B)
    5. Press the sequence corresponding to the original region code of your player, FF= fast forward, FR= fast rewind
    Region 2 - FF, FR, FF, UP, DOWN
    Region 3 - FF, PLAY, FR, UP, LEFT
    Region 4 - FR, PLAY, DOWN, DOWN, RIGHT
    Region 5 - FF, UP, DOWN, STOP, RIGHT
    Region 6 - LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, PLAY, LEFT
    6. If you did it right a small white zero will appear on the screen
    7. Turn the player off and on again.
    8. Your player is now region free

to set it to no region 0 from region 4 , works like a charm on the E350 bought 30AUD yesterday

Thanks !
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by snassar84 View Post
    Had same problem was able to fix it.

Open the DVD cover. you will find 2 data wires attached between the DVD drive itself and the mother board. plug out the bigger one. operate the DVD (Dont worry nothing will go wrong).

Now what will happen is the DVD will try to open and close but it will no be able to connect so no more tray error.

Now you can apply the below using your original numbers you noted down. (dont forget to put back the wire that you pulled)

2) Rewind
    3) Next Chapter
    4) Fast Forward
    5) Previous Chapter
    6) Play
    Hello,

i have the same problem, I disconnected the cable you are talking about and turned on my DVD several times but it keeps showing up the "Tray Error".
    Anyway I tried to ignore the error and use the remote control and enter the 6 steps u posted but nothing happened...
    Please help

thank you
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Hi there, to tell you the truth I don't think it's the disconnection of the wire that did the trick but instead the fact that I was playing with the crank wheel below the tray to operate ( unlock ) it , I think as soon as the tray is moved ( and playing with the wheel do the trick ) the error goes , let me know how it goes , just be gentle with it
    Quote Quote  
  20. Ok I shall try this, thanks Xtofoz!!!!! really thanks a lot!
    So once i do that and the "tray error" goes away "hopefully!" i start doing these steps:
    2) Rewind
    3) Next Chapter
    4) Fast Forward
    5) Previous Chapter
    6) Play
    ??

Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys. I have a Samsung DVD-D350 and attempted doing the region free hack. I now have the infamous "tray error". I've tried the above method of unplugging the disk but that didn't seem to work. Has anyone got any ideas? Some one also mentioned the "crank wheel" which I can't even find.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Just fixed my Samsung DVD-C500, which had the infamous "Tray Error" (after I had tried Milesy's instructions to set it to region code 0).
    Here are the steps I carried out (inspired by snassar84 and Xtofoz):

1) Unplug power and open cover (2 screws)
    2) Unplug both connector cables that connect the DVD tray with the main circuit board (just pull them out on the board side)
    3) Remove DVD tray unit (3 screws, push unit forward, lift up in the back, slide out backwards lifting the two plastic clips)
    4) Reaching in from bottom, turn plastic gear to move laser head forward; continue turning and tray will slide out; open all the way
    5) Plug connector cables back in; temporarily cover DVD player for safety reasons; plug in player and turn it on.
    6) Instead of "Tray Error" it now shows "No Disk"
    7) Push following buttons: Repeat (not A-B), Rewind (<<), Next Chapter (>>|) , Forward (>>), Prev. Chapter (|<<) , Play (>)
    8) Grid appears; highlight original numbers (in my case: 3, 19, 21, 24)
    9) Push "Play" button and unit resets and restarts.
    10 (optional) I used mrudbeck's instructions (see elsewhere) to make it code free.
    11) Finally, unplug power, unplug connector cables, install DVD tray, plug in cables, reassemble DVD unit, and voila!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got the tray error too, and took the player apart as suggested, no effect. Then put it back to region 4 codes, no effect.

Bottom line is: this DVD player does not like to be hacked. I have just blown $45.

Suggestion: DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME
    Quote Quote  
  24. Want to thank ALL posters- you all took me through region change, tray error, reset to my region and then reset to region-free on my Samsung C500-DVD successfully. Abayer's post explaining resetting the tray was the lynchpin. And it all started with Milesy's original C35-DVD hack instructions.
    Awesome.
    Quote Quote