VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all. Hoping you can help me please

I have a Samsung f5100 player. Past few months it has been randomly flashing black screen on and off. It used to do it intermittently but now it does it all the time. I have tried resets, used different HDMI cables and different TVS etc but with no luck. On the hdmi cable side on some cables it will not flash black screen on and off but it will go distorted with noise and go on different parts of the screen (grey scale) and on another cable it will do the randomly flashing black on the menu and during movie playback. Is there an issue with the hdmi connector on my Blu-ray player if it does it on two different TVs?

Many thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    go into your Blu-Ray player settings and try switching from YCBCR 4.4.4 to YCBCR 4.2.2 - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-blu-ray-players/1444599-resolving-black-flickering-...y-players.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you very much. I've already tried that and also changed video ouput settings to 1080p, 1080i etc but still the same issue remains.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    does your Blu-Ray player have the latest firmware / software update ??
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yeah i have gone on the Samsung website and done the firmware/software update. I have tried a cable i have used on this one on another blu-ray and playback etc is fine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Those Samsung FD series have issues...I have a FD5700 I use in the den and I am always having to unplug it as it gets stuck. But then after unplugging it runs for days...just to do it again. Got it at a thrift store for 6 bucks Hey got what it is worth
    Quote Quote  
  7. Is there anything i can do? Like can i open it up and have a look inside and see if theres anything wrong?
    Quote Quote