VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i just brought DVD recorder panasonic ES10 about a week ago....

right now ES10 has been return to the store because of "self check" display when i try to record movies from VHS and i have try 2 type of blank dvd that work quite well 3-4 times the es10 got "self check" of 5 dvds that i have recorded without any problem but it display "SELF CHECK"...

i called panasonic up 4 times and they said that they have problem something with boot up or chip the problem something inside the recorder that i need to replace panasonic es10 but the store said it record find there's no problem which he only record 1-2 times and said that i dont know how to record it properly but i read the manual and follow it...

im confuse right now, any body have same problem with Self check for es10 like me, please share ur problem and the solution? what is self check problem? how you guys record from VHS tape to dvd and what are the steps?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is a flaw of Panasonic non-HDD units, and has been for some time (it dates back to at least the E50 and E55 line).

Luckily I've never seen it on mine, but then again, I never record with mine unless I'm testing or it's an emergency. I do however see a lot of weird stuff, like the 4a.m. "clicking" moises it makes daily. The clock is also super touchy, I feel as if I were to sneeze too hard in the same room, it would start blinking 12:00 again.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote