VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Avidemux version 2.7.1

Example :

When I open a video file (video duration is around 1h48mn), indexing begins (duration should be 12 minutes).
    When I want to stop it I click cancel and answer yes to confirm
    I see that the total duration is reduced (the duration when I pressed cancel ?)
    The time indicates 00: 00: 00: 080/00: 03: 18: 880)
    Times should be like 00: 00: 00: 080/01: 48: 03:000)

I close the file and I notice that the file size has not changed.

If later I open again this file (even if in the meantime I opened other files)
    Indexing is very fast and the time is 00: 00: 00: 880/00: 03: 18: 880), the same as after my cancel

The only way for me to work around this problem was to rename the input video file.

Do you have another solution?

thanks in advance
    Regards
    Alemax
    Quote Quote  
  2. Doesn't it create an indexing file in the same directory as the input file ? I haven't used Avidemux recently, but with versions 2.5.x to 2.6 that's what it did, those files had a .idx or .idx2 extension, and no special “hidden” or “system” attribute so they were easy to find. Just deleting or renaming the corresponding index file should make Avidemux re-index the file. If you don't find those files, it's possible that they are created in your user data directory instead, perhaps there's a setting for that. You could search for recently modified files in your user directory, or other likely places, with Total Commander or another third-party tool if on a Windows system (search feature used to work fine in Windows XP, from Vista onward it's become worthless).
    Quote Quote  
  3. @abolibibelo
    Thanks for your answer, that was the problem
    Best regards
    alemax
    Quote Quote