VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use tSmuxer for a long time, it does not save any extra, for example I get a blu ray movie with 23 Gb, however it comes with Portuguese audio DTS, as my tv does not support this format, I do the demux of the movie, without close the program, change the DTS audio with the Mkv.DTS-HD-MA.to.AC3, I insert the same in the tsmuxer still open, I unmark only the Portuguese audio DTS, because of space in theory, I make the remux back and even discounting the larger size of the DTS audio in relation to AC3, the file is much smaller than before, I thought that this happened because it was done the demux and closed the program, at the time of reinstating would insert everything again, but no use, some thing, maybe setting, does it act like that because if I did not delete anything because trailers, make off, comments disappear ????
    The point is that I buy expensive media, Verbatin, and I will not spend on blu ray movies that take up 10, 12 GB or little more than that. An alternative to this would be to convert to AVCHD and record to Dvd-9 media however it is more expensive than blu ray.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Does the original have DTS-HD MA? Maybe you've only demuxed the DTS core, i.e. a part of the complete DTS track? Compare MediaInfo of original m2ts file and demuxed DTS file.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My friend, my main issue is not this one, but to know why if I did the movie, I inserted another audio, keeping or not what my tv is not supported, the final file is much smaller than the original, this can only be due to I'm going to try something with DVDFAB HD if it's possible, because I do not know of another program that I can replace files like audio, subtitles, etc ... I've already done two rehearsals, one I took the DTS audio, converted to AC3 and inserted only AC3; in another experiment I kept the two and the final file size decreased.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you want to save all the titles present on a Blu ray disc you could use MakeMKV and then select all the titles you want. Doesn't shrink or reduce the size nor affect quality. Depends on what format your media player accepts. With individual mkv files with same quality as the original disc you could then use them to convert to whatever format you finally need.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. Doesn't shrink or reduce the size nor affect quality.
    MakeMKV can re-encode the audio if you change the profile.

[Attachment 44766 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote