VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I often get the message
    autopadding requires to insert additional xxx zero bytes into MPEG-stream (due to xxx unaligned packets of xxx+1)
    This happens allmost every time I used DVDx 1.8a to make a backup-copy of my DVDs.
    Of course those files are to large afterwards to burn them on a 74 or 80min empty CD properly.
    I allready tried to mux them again using TMPG but that doesn´t fix the problem.
    Does anyone have "the hint" for me?

Thx,
    petjek
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have been having a similar problem in trying to use TMPGEnc with a CVD template. A quick test seemed to point towards the issue being with the System Stream Setting. When I had it set to Super VideoCD (VBR) it was fine. When I had it set to MPEG-2 Program (VBR) it was getting padded by VCDEasy.

Doug
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If your files are to large use the cut/join in tmpg to cut them into files of the correct size .
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Normally you get this if the mpeg you're using is not a proper VCD/SVCD file. If it's multiplexed as an ordinary MPEG stream, that's wrong. If it's an XVCD multiplexed as a standard VCD, that's wrong too (it needs to be specifically set to non-standard VCD). CVD should be multiplexed as SVCD.

I'm not familiar with DVDx (I've never used it) and you haven't specified what you're creating when you get that error, so I can't offer any more specific suggestions.
    Quote Quote