VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    help
    1 the pinnical dvc100 has somehow lost its sound in all programs
    2 this capture card cant be found in TMPGEN program
    I was told this was the best software tpo get the possible reproduction from old movies without interlace

3 I have tried Virtualdub with every code that shows deinterlace and not one works in any combination
    Gee I am not have any fun guys help me out
    Quote Quote  
  2. Maybe post a short sample of your capture.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    great but lets try starting at the beginning please
    whats the way to get this capture card give sound again even inw10 would be a start

next how top make tmpgenc see the card
    the drivers bee installed twice

Viirtualdub give a avi file with interlace and it so bad . the codes don't appears to change that down loads a few and nothing give a watchable picture
    Quote Quote  
  4. Possibly a driver problem. Windows XP was the last OS that included drivers for a lot of this equipment. With Windows 7 and above, you often have to find the driver, and then you often have to experiment with various compatibility modes when running the capture software.

If the DVC100 presents itself to the OS as a DV device and if you are connected using Firewire, then you can use Scenalyzer as the capture software. I always found this to be the best capture program.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    OK thanks got the dvc100 working at last with sound
    Now for a problem with tmpg it cant find it
    and in virtualdub I cant get any codes to remove the interlace from a vhs tape

tried 2 so far with every combination and nothing changes
    Quote Quote  
  6. You handle the interlacing and do other filtering after the capture. Capture as lossless AVI and keep it lossless until the very final format so you don't degrade the video quality every time you reencode.
    Quote Quote