VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. We have been enduring 2 years of harassment by our neighbors which we have surviellance videos on approx. 30 -40 DVD's. My husband wants to be able to edit the harassing section of each of these DVD's and put them altogether onto one DVD, rather than showing the police all these separate DVD's, which they don't really want to take the time to see. Would any of you be able to tell us how to do this? If any of you could give us some instructions on how to do this, my husband and I might be able to figure out how to do this. We just feel it would be so much more powerful for the police to see all the separate incidents that have occurred over the past 2 years be shown to them, one right after the other. Any help with this would be so appreciated. Thanks Marie NY
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MPEG Video Wizard DVD

has a 30 day free trial. and there are plenty of guides out there for it. like this one.

http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/Womble_MPEG_Video_Wizard_Basic_MPEG_Editing_Guide_page1.html
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I second that, Mpeg Video Wizard DVD is very easy to work with. Use the "Mark In and Mark Out" buttons, cut, and join. To join clips, you'll have to right click on the timeline, I remember correctly. Good luck with those neighbors.
    It Started In Texas
    Quote Quote  
  4. Does this work with AVI files as well. That's what these are. Thanks for the quick reply. Marie
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure, you could go to the developer's website. If not, you can always convert to another format, though it would be more work. If it's really worth it. I used it on VTS files. Even check the "Tools" section, here. On the left side pane, you can click on tools. Search for Womble Mpeg Video Wizard and it should tell you some info about the program. Or better yet, click on the link right here in this post Mpeg Video Wizard.
    It Started In Texas
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks VBot. I'll let you know how we make out. Marie
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    when you said dvds i assumed they were standard video dvd. not avi recorded to dvd. if this is some sort of "surviellance system" you may find the video on the dvds impossible to work with. most are recorded in proprietary formats and need to be exported to standard video using the companies own software first.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  8. They were avi files, and we just burned them onto to cd disc. We still have the avi files saved on our hard drive, is there any type of program for editing from the disc or from the avi files on the hard drive? Thanks Marie
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if they are a "standard" type avi you might give avidemux a go. it's free and you can cut the parts out you want and save them to a new avi.

you can use mediainfo on one of the avi files to give you a better idea of what they are. an "avi" is just a container, lots of different video can be put inside. you can post the results of the text tab from mediainfo here.
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    According to a post in the "Tools" section, you can open AVI files in Womble.
    It Started In Texas
    Quote Quote