VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    New to svcd2dvd (current) so maybe I expect the wrong things. I've a few movies in elemental form [m2v+mp2] made with TMPGenc and BeSweet. Try as I might I cannot get svcd2dvd to accept elementals. So for the past 6 hours my PC has been doing

tmpgenc multiplex: m2v+mp2 -> mpg
    svcd2dvd: mpg -> m2v+mp2
    svcd2dvd: m2v+mp2 -> mpg

the last step is running at about 400MB/hour [over 100baseT] so this is going to take a long time on a P3-866/256MB/XP

Also if I try to start with a VOB [which contains svcd clips] svcd2dvd just bombs out - there is an error message which contains a very long number followed by .exe [looks like a reg key] - I'd be more specific but I don't want to mess with svcd2dvd right now and lose hours of work.

Does SVCD2DVD need to start with a .mpg file?
    Can I use VOBs containing SVCD data (?) as a starting point? Letting SVCD2DVD make the menus chapters and appropriate number of VTS files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SVCD2DVD works on mpeg program streams not elementry streams.

You would need to convert your VOBs to mpgs if you want to start with them.

Are you running SVCD2DVD over a network?
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Guest
    Originally Posted by ChrissyBoy
    SVCD2DVD works on mpeg program streams not elementry streams.

You would need to convert your VOBs to mpgs if you want to start with them.

Are you running SVCD2DVD over a network?
    Given all the converting I sometimes use disk space on other PCs. The LAN can typically move over 400MB/min so I usually [using gordianknot, TMPGenc, Nero] don't mind the small drop in performance. I do try to avoid sending & receiving i.e. remote source remote destination.
    Quote Quote