VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    First of all, this site is far and away the best of its kind.
    Now: the issue -
    I am trying to convert an AVI file to MPEG in order to burn to VCD. The problem is that, after burning to VCD and watching on a set-top DVD player, the audio and video get out of sync about 1/4 of the way through the movie (it happens right after the video goes all blocky for about three seconds). Here is the info from AVICodec:

File : 423 Mb (423 Mb), duration 1:16:35, type AVI, 1 audio stream(s), quality 54 %
    Video : 370 Mb, 676 Kbps, 29.970 fps, res. 624*352 (16:9), DIV3 = DivX v3 MPEG-4 (Low-Motion), Unsupported
    Audio : 52 Mb, 96 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 chan., 0x55 = Lame MP3, Supported

I've tried the following:
    - extract the audio, uncompressed, in VirtualDub, first changing the sampling rate of the audio to 44100.
    - check for bad frames using VDub MP3_Freeze; it finds none.

I've done several of these conversions successfully with other files. Basically, I re-encode using TMPEnc (paid version), usually with the wizard. With this one, I've tried using the extracted audio, not using the extracted audio, using the One-Disc VCD template (from this site) and also using the basic VCD template. No luck.
    The file plays fine (a/v are in sync) on a PC..
    Any help is most appreciated. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try to demultiplex and multiplex the mpeg file. This can sometimes work wonders!
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Whats happening is when the clip gets to the bad frames the audio is delayed for a second or more and the best way i found to fix this was extract the audio and insert a second or or more of audio thats needed right after the bad frames to bring the audio and video back to sync.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote