VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi
    i have been trying to create vcd for my movie...everything ok..only a lilltle thing i want to sort it out...i want to create vcd that plays automatically when inserted in the player..i know there is option in nerovision...but when i do that option is not available..[inactve] anybody know what to do to activate n select autoplay function in nerovision please
    Quote Quote  
  2. You might use this link as a starting point for some ideas:

www.videohelp.com/oldguides/autorun
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi
    U cant add that with nerovision only possible in nero burning ROM..i want to use nero vision coz it allows background audio for menu
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Autoplay is NEVER guaranteed. You can only hope for the best. Most of us don't use Nero Vision because it's easy to use for newbies, but not a very good tool in terms of quality.

Decide what's important to you - the background music or autoplay because I have a feeling you're not going to be able to have both of them.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi
    i dont think u understood problem.. i'm not reencoding it. just authoring vcd with it autoplay option is in the edit menu page..i have seen many vcds that palys automatically when inserted into dvd player.. anybody else have any suggestions..bcoz if its not for use why did they put that option there? by the way which one u use buddy???
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This doesn't help you if you only have access to a Windows box, but on the Mac, there is a nice piece of freeware called VCD Builder. It will allow you to create an autoplay VCD without reencoding, and its well-designed interface makes it exceptionally easy to use.

For Windows, there's VideoCD Toolkit (v2.0) from Philips. It was originally used to author commercial VCDs. It's been released as freeware. It is not particularly easy to use (the interface assumes that you are already a pro), but if you are willing to spend time with it, you can author virtually any kind of VCD you wish. Links to download it are here: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/Philips_VideoCD_Toolkit
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Geez, I can't believe we're going over this again...

I have a number of past posts on this subject--do a search.

But to recap, there are crap-tons more available on Windows than Mac. Personal fave is VCDEasy. There is an old freeware version still available but I prefer the modestly priced commercial version. It can do just about everything you want for authoring a well-done professional VCD, including adding autorun stuff. VCDToolkit works but you would only want to try that as a last resort.

Thing to remember is--you're gonna have to learn how to script autorun yourself before you can add it to the VCD (at least I've never seen ANY app that scripts for you).

And contrary to your anecdotal experience, DVD players are hit or miss with VCD autostarting (and you don't even need "autorun" for DVD players, just for PCs). NOTHING you can do about that.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi
    ok thanx 4 all ur help...so from ur posts i understand that autoplay function in nerovision cant be activated[ make available for selecting]..my doubt still remain why did they put that option there???
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You should ask the Nero people...

On PC's the autorun (assuming everything is turned on, allowed, etc) will work if you have an autorun.inf scripted and stored in the root of the disc. Maybe Nerovision has a basic template to get you started with scripting.

On settop DVD players, any autorun.in doesn't do squat! Either the player has firmware that autostarts VCDs or it doesn't. Nothing you can do there.

On settop VCD players (some asian models), all VCDs autostart--either into PBC (if you have it set up that way) or to the 1st sequence/track.

Scott
    Quote Quote