VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just wanted to pass on some info about my Sony Cam.

The Sony TRV-520 has a great feature that allows you to hook up your home DVD player to the cam's inputs put the cam in VTR mode and then capture the picture directly to your computer using the firewire input.

If anyone else is using the TRV-520 please let me know if you have any tips.

Rick.
    Quote Quote  
  2. My TRV120 does the same job.
    I used it to capture VHS input and saved as SVCD.
    I am going to try DVD today.
    So far I did not have any problems with macrovision. Did you ?
    Is it possible that sony doesnot care about macrovision protection??
    Quote Quote  
  3. My Sony cares about macrovision when I try to record the DVD to tape (MSG "COPY INHIBIT&quot but not when I pass it through to the computer. Another nice feature is my digital cable box has out-puts that I can use the same way, works great for capturing music videos etc.

I also used Premier to export back to my cam the other day and it worked great the first time I just hope the good luck continues.

Rick.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I tried to capture video to my Sony DCR-PC110E from my home DVD player. I can capture the audio but not the video. The LCD screen on my camcorder displays a blue screen. I hooked up my camcorder using the 3piece cable(yellow,white,red). I doesnt hv the Svideo cable as yet. Does it make any difference between these two output connections? Are there any limitation copying from DVD to camcorder tape? Can it be done?
    Quote Quote